Hacking vWii Usb Loader Gx Question

homebr00b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is most likely a pretty pointless question but im still new enough to this that I don't really know what im doing. I have Usb Loader Gx and Nintendont running fine together, i can play any gcn game as long as i have a iso/rom for it, but I want to move all my wii games on to Usb Loader Gx as well, but i'm not quite sure how to move all MY wii isos on to it also. I've seen videos where people installed cios installer and all that, but i already have usb loader gx and i feel as though i should install it anyways but im honestly not sure at all. That was a pretty poor description of my problem but if you want a more in depth description just let me know please

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the IOS is needed to play Wii games from USB.
so, maybe you are currently using USBLoaderGX for gamecube games, which doesn't require any custom system file installation (cIOS) ?

If you already played Wii games withing USBLoaderGX, you probably have the needed file and you don't need to do it again.
If not, you will have to install cIOS, using d2x cIOS installer for vWii.

Install this :
d2x v10 r52, base57, slot249, version 21010
Most game should work with only that setup.

But some games might need base56 too, and it's common usage to install two IOS this way :
249 : base56
250 : base57
then set the slot 249 as default in USBLoaderGX, and set slot250 individually inside the game's setting only for games not working with base56.

If you want to dump your games to ISO/wbfs files, this is very easy :
insert your disc in the drive, answer "install" instead of "mount and play", it will copy the game to your USB.
If you already have them in image format (iso, ciso, wbfs, whatever file format), you can use WiiBackupManager on your computer to convert&copy the file from your PC to your USB in the correct location and filename.

homebr00b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah okay thanks, i was using it for gamecuonly but i wanted to put the wii games on it too so this should help. This isn't related at all so i should probably ask in a different thread but if i was trying to inject a vwii theme through ftpiiu_everywhere and a ftp server, but i didn't change the .app file so it's still the original theme, but on the wii u menu i get error code 199-9999 whenever i try to open homebrew channel. I can still open it through browser but launching ftpiiu_everywhere and then trying to open the /slccmpt01 folder it says could not find file listing. Am i better off just asking in a different thread or just giving up or something? And thank you for the Usb Loader Gx answers.

EDIT: ive done all of this, but when i try to install games, it says there is -0.00 gb of space how do i fix this?

Last edited by homebr00b,

homebr00b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Ive done all the stuff mentioned, when i go to install a game it says Game Size: 0.00GB, Free Space: -0.00GB. How do I fix this?

homebr00b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure if its detected though, when usb loader is first opened and it goes through loading config files and all that, "mounting usb port 1" takes a awful long time, and then when it opens it says "USB Device not found. Switching to channel list mode."

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, then it's probably not found.
and it's not set correctly, it should mount USB Port 0 instead (on WiiU, it's the back-top port, on Wii it's the bottom port).
then you need to tell the loader to mount only USB 0 (not 1, nor both).
it's either in the settings (you can access the settings even if no usb is found) : hdd menu > port : 0

it shouldn't try USB Port1, even if port0 is not detecting the connecting USB, unless you specifically told the loader to use USB Port1.
USB Port 1 only work if you have d2x v10 r53 (unstable, beta, not working with all features or hdds).

homebr00b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i have d2x v10 r53 installed, should i go back and install d2x v10 r52 base 57, slot 249 version 21010 or will usb port 0 still work on r53?

edit: also, i read some stuff about a usb y cable, is that a necessity or can i do without it?

Last edited by homebr00b,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
y-cable is necessary on WiiU vWii.
install d2x r52 ! not r53

port0 also work with r53, but r53 by itself shouldn't be used at all.
just install/overwrite your slot249 with r52, base57.

homebr00b

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a external hard drive and I formatted it and everything and when I plugged it into the correct wii u port it just keeps beeping and I looked that up and that apparently a problem of no drive detection or something, im thinking i should get a usb y cable anyways?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
beepping is often a symptom of "not enough power".
There's a reason why ALL guides tell users to buy and USE the Y-cable. it's not optional (or in very rare cases, like very old and small HDD). the WiiU USB Ports deliver less power than required by HDD. No idea why they built the console that way...
You need to use 2 USB Port's power to get enough power for your drive.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.