Hacking Vwii - Rock band and other games - microphone/usb instruments problem

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am trying to play a bunch of instrument games through vwii. It seems like the usb isn't being recognized. After doing some research, it sounds like different versions of cIOS allow different number of usb ports to be active (correct me if I'm wrong here please).

I just followed the guide on wiiu.hacks.guide and have slot 259,250,251 using d2x-v10-beta52 (base 56,57,58 respectively). I haven't changed any settings for the rock band games yet.

For people who have already solved this problem - Did you have to install a new cIOS? If so to what slot? Do you set rock band and other games like it to start using that specific cIOS? Does this leave the compatibility of all of the other games alone (do the other games still start using their appropriate/default cIOS?)

In the back of my wii U I have 2 hard drives plugged in at all times (wii U hard drive + ustealth'ed vwii/gc drive). Will this interfere with the active usb slots? (like if I manage to load rock band with a cIOS that allows more usb ports, do I need to be using the back usb slots? or can I use the front usb ports?)

Sorry - these are a lot of questions but I would like to thoroughly be done with this set up once and for good.

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update. Tried a lot of things to no avail.

loaded rock band 3 using... cIOS 249, 250, 251 (d2x-v10-beta52)
still wouldn't recognize any usb peripherals (used the back usb)

then I installed cIOS d2x-alt in 230 and 231 (56/57 respectively) and tried loading rock band using each of those. Still won't recognize my usb instruments (tried all usb ports, tried plugging it in before loading the game).

Anyone have any suggestions?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this problem in the past and can't recall if I ever found a workaround. I vaguely remember something about using an older version of a certain cios, but that's not a recommendation.

Really, just commenting to follow. I miss my karaoke revolution

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After abundant researching, it seems like no matter what the back USB's must be used. in vwii using usbloader, the front ones will not work. now it is a matter of finding a cios that will allow the back one to work. it seems like for the wii, hermes was the way to go. but for the vwii, that is dangerous (and will possibly brick the vwii).

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried changing d2xrev53alt to base 36/37 but cios installer won't let me.

CMON I know we can solve this issue - it really is a problem if you want to play rhythm games on vwii!!!

brollikk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still searching. I tried all 3 ports (can't unplug my vwii hard drive) for all the cios and no luck. I'll pay $50 if anyone can find me a solution that works. Doesn't even have to be your solution as long as what you link works.

EuroMIX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So all I can tell you is what I've done.

I homebrewed my vWii a while ago, so the details are hazy (I think I used the Smash Bros exploit), but I installed the cIOS's for backup loader support very recently, so that's more fresh in my mind.

I tried both 52 and 53 from this pack: https://d81d109c-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites...kZfadRAPFiOauKRUE5o9M8qw==&attredirects=0&d=1

I installed 249/250/251 with base 56/57/58 respectively and for whatever reason both appear to work the same for Rock Band 3; 249 loads and I can use the second back USB for at least one microphone, 250 loads but the second USB isn't recognised, 251 gives me a black screen IIRC.

I don't know if this helps or not.

DeathByDrivers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is late, but for anyone searching I have rock band fully working on my Wii U vWii with all peripherals:

Installed d2x-v10-beta53-alt in slots 249, 250, and 251 in place of beta52 to allow for both USB ports on the back.

Next, I couldn't get this to work without a powered USB hub and a Y cable for my hard drive.

The USB Hub plugs into Port 1 (the bottom USB port) and the data portion of the Hard Drive Y cable plugs into port 0. The second cable of the Hard drive Y cable then plugs into the USB hub. This is very important as the Hard Drive MUST be the only item plugged into port 0. Then, all rock band peripherals can be plugged into the powered USB hub and will be recognized through games loaded by a USB loader.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if further clarification is needed.

Please note that because CIOS beta 53 is being used, GX Loader may freeze on "Initializing USB" unless plugged in after the searching for HDD timer begins. I have also been unable to install games through USB loader GX for presumably the same issue as the install will freeze randomly.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next, I couldn't get this to work without a powered USB hub and a Y cable for my hard drive.

The USB Hub plugs into Port 1 (the bottom USB port) and the data portion of the Hard Drive Y cable plugs into port 0. The second cable of the Hard drive Y cable then plugs into the USB hub. This is very important as the Hard Drive MUST be the only item plugged into port 0. Then, all rock band peripherals can be plugged into the powered USB hub and will be recognized through games loaded by a USB loader.
I don't recommend this. https://gbatemp.net/threads/did-i-just-short-circut-my-wii-u.535142/

Last edited by HarveyHouston, , Reason: Updated link.

RunFwrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well how the heck else do you do it. that's the only way, ive been reading for 3 days and then i come across this. im sorry to hear about your troubles mate that is a damn shame. keep pushing thru things will get better. maybe theyre already starting to.
i hope to hear back from you as to a proper way to play these instrument games on vwii and use instruments n mics n stuff

Reactions: HarveyHouston

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Harv, I tried following those instructions but they seem to only be for the regular Wii. My d2x CIOS installer doesn't have any option to choose a revision when installing the CIOS. Am I missing something?
This has happened to me before. The only way I've found to fix it is to remove all CIOS installers from the apps folder and add back the one for vWii. It may be a conflict with another installer.

If it still doesn't work, make sure you got the correct one. Both installers for Wii and vWii are there, but TL;DR here's a direct link to the vWii one: https://sites.google.com/site/compl...2x-cIOS-Installer-vWii.zip?attredirects=0&d=1

Last edited by HarveyHouston,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did he ask to see yo feet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It is nice and loud and thunder and lightning stormy outside, love it
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not...