vWii no longer detects hard drive

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sheldon392, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Sheldon392
    OP

Sheldon392 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    United States
    Alaska
    Never have had issues before but all of a sudden GX and the homebrew channel don't detect my drive anymore. I tested it on my regular Wii and it works perfectly, also my SD card works just fine on vWii and it picks up the games on the hard drive. I haven't been doing a lot of vWii stuff recently so nothing has really been changed, not sure what to do. I tried updating the GX forwarder and I still have the same issue. When I press 1 in the home-brew channel and select USB Device, I get this:
    IMG_4847.jpeg
    Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    I had the same problem after I installed the homebrew channel on my vwii. It never recognized my hard drive and gave the same fault. The only thing I found that worked if I wanted apps on my hard drive was to put usbloader on my sd and then launch homebrew through that. Eventually I just put everything on the sd card except for my wii game.

Edit: I did also get that fault from nintendon't when I had my GameCube games on my hard drive with the wiiu drive still connected. I never tried putting apps on my hard drive again after moving my GameCube games to my sd card. Maybe I will try again tomorrow.

3. Sheldon392
    OP

Sheldon392 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2013
    United States
    Alaska
    Thanks, looks like I'll stick to that for now.

4. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time