Hacking Vwii app file in folder named wrong

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well the fake one I bought in the past was from Amazon, in fact that's where most reportings of fake cards seem to come from. I'm not trying to insist that you have one, but you're excusing away the possibility that you have a fake one by explaining the exact situation that led to me having a fake one in the past.
I'm not actually stating that there aren't fake ones from amazon etc i am just stating that i am pretty certain it was a different issue because of what i did leading up to said issue

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not actually stating that there aren't fake ones from amazon etc i am just stating that i am pretty certain it was a different issue because of what i did leading up to said issue

Alright, I hope so, but if your card yields similar issues again in the future, ditch it and get a new one.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a new one as i said

I know, but unless I misunderstood you, that card also yielded issues right? Did you buy both cards from the same source? Are they of the same supposed capacity size? What I'm saying is, that both your cards may be fakes.

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know, but unless I misunderstood you, that card also yielded issues right? Did you buy both cards from the same source? Are they of the same supposed capacity size? What I'm saying is, that both your cards may be fakes.
No i bought a completely different card after that the second one i tried is not my new one but it did not have the same issues by then i already did not have the files i needed to fix my wii u

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i bought a completely different card after that

Ok, sounds promising. Just be wary of buying SD cards online, that's all my major point is here. If this too was bought online even through Amazon, keep a watch on it as you add things to the card, and if after some random time the file and folder names corrupt, you'll know that that situation was a fake card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ok, sounds promising. Just be wary of buying SD cards online, that's all my major point is here. If this too was bought online even through Amazon, keep a watch on it as you add things to the card, and if after some random time the file and folder names corrupt, you'll know that that situation was a fake card.
Amazon is pretty safe as long as you don't buy from a 3rd party seller.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In rare cases knockoffs can make it into legitimate shipments from the manufacturer, due to workers at the factory producing inferior cards during ghost shifts or taking faulty cards that were supposed to be thrown away and selling them anyway, things like that. Most commonly happens with Kingston, but it could in theory happen with any brand. It's pretty rare for that to happen though. I don't know if that's what happened here, but anyway, Amazon's return policies are so good, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The chances of getting a fake card are still way lower when buying from Amazon themselves.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In rare cases knockoffs can make it into legitimate shipments from the manufacturer, due to workers at the factory producing inferior cards during ghost shifts or taking faulty cards that were supposed to be thrown away and selling them anyway, things like that. Most commonly happens with Kingston, but it could in theory happen with any brand. It's pretty rare for that to happen though. I don't know if that's what happened here, but anyway, Amazon's return policies are so good, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The chances of getting a fake card are still way lower when buying from Amazon themselves.

The example in that thread is SanDisk. I say to anyone looking to buy an SD card is to simply go directly to a reputable brick and mortar store like Best Buy, directly through the Manufacturer, or just know that if you buy through even the likes of Amazon, you still run a risk of getting a fake card.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...