Hacking VolumeRate.com

wmr4ffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What sort of shipping times can I expect for these from HK to the UK.

Mine was shipped on the 11th Jan - but 3 weeks later no R4.

Slow boat FROM China? Just keen to find out if that's normal or whether I should start pestering?

Thx

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To wmr4ffs

Contact them. It shouldn't take 3 weeks to get an R4 from HK to UK. Me, my R4 was from Hong Kong also. I live in the United States of America(NY). Took only 2 weeks by Airmail. Which was the CHEAPEST way/option for my R4. Bought from Gameyeeeah. Gameyeeah=The Best of the best.

If they don't respond, threaten them by taking legal action. First warn them. Then if they still don't respond, and your under 18, tell your parents. You can sue them. Trust me you can.

1Bean1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My payment went through December 6, still hasn't shipped out yet.

I ordered the R4 with a SanDisk MicroSD Card; I'm not sure if that's also holding the order back. I haven't written volumerate but will likely next week if things haven't changed, since that will be the 10 week mark for the order.

wmr4ffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have contacted support, who have told me to wait longer and they'll file a complaint with Hong Kong Post (no mention of a replacement).

I know they had a shortage which I am totally cool with, but now it has been shipped nearly a month ago!!!!

Presumably it will have to be signed for so they can see if it has been delivered or not?

gamer1233

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my R4's Friday Feb. 1, and I ordered them on November 26, not really a complaint I am just glad I got them.
smile.gif

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VolumeRate has poor costumer service.
Takes longer too. I would of gotten my R4 from Gameyeeeah which i did.
if you live stateside I recommend realhotstuff.com VERY enough. Ordered an EZ Flash 3-in-1 GBA sized from them for like $23 w/ shipping, and they ship from new jersey, I live on west coast. came in... 3 DAYS!!!! The first order came was the ds lite sized version
frown.gif
but I filled in a complaint form on their website and emailed them, and the replacement came in 2 days. To me, 5 days for the cartridge is 1 million times better than 4 weeks for my simply from dealextreme.com

wmr4ffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got my R4's Friday Feb. 1, and I ordered them on November 26, not really a complaint I am just glad I got them.
smile.gif

Yeah that's what I am looking for! When were yours shipped?

Haven't had a response from VR asking them to file the complain now/send a replacement - I'm starting to wish I had ordered an M3 elsewhere.

1Bean1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shucks, right now there's no shipping service at all (for anyone) in Hong Kong:

From http://www.volumerate.com/help/ :

"Due to the nationwide observation of the holiday, Hong Kong Post and the Customs will be temporarily closed and VolumeRate shipments will be temporarily paused between Feb 2 to Feb 15, 2008. You will start to get shipment notification immediately after the holiday (Feb 15), but live postal tracking information for orders shipped between and a few days before and after these dates will likely not be processed and shown in the postal system until February 20th, 2008 due to post holiday traffic at the customs and HK Post."

wmr4ffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that sucks but you can't really do much about it. A public holiday is fair enough and we chose to buy from HK.

I had a response during the holiday about the fact they are still waiting for Hong Kong Post to respond to a complaint they made. Doesn't help me and the 2 months I have been waiting for my R4.

wmr4ffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
VR has stopped responding to the support ticket setup for this issue - not a good sign. Customer service seems to be waning. I'd have happily paid double if I had known that ordering from would take two months to deliver (so far, I haven't received a package yet).

wmr4ffs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still no response from them. If anyone is thinking of purchasing from them, beware that if everything doesn't go smoothly - then customer service is poor.

fabulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, really slow responding for the previous months...

hey, but you know what? i found that all complaints are about the R4. because the r4 is not in stock right?

i didn't mean to say good things for them, but i can feel the customer service is better now in match.. the respond is quicker now, you can try.

1Bean1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a follow up for my own situation....

It's been 4 months since I placed my R4+memory card order. I wrote volumerate this week asking for them to cancel the order. They responded quickly (within a day). They said I had the option of changing my order, otherwise a refund would take 60 days (wtf!?) because my order was more than 2 months old. Since 4 months have gone by, I figured another 2 months to get my money back wasn't too big of an issue. I'll follow up here (hopefully in less than 2 months) to relate my refund experience.

- 1Bean1

danieldaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1Bean1 said:
Just a follow up for my own situation....

It's been 4 months since I placed my R4+memory card order. I wrote volumerate this week asking for them to cancel the order. They responded quickly (within a day). They said I had the option of changing my order, otherwise a refund would take 60 days (wtf!?) because my order was more than 2 months old. Since 4 months have gone by, I figured another 2 months to get my money back wasn't too big of an issue. I'll follow up here (hopefully in less than 2 months) to relate my refund experience.

- 1Bean1

So you can get the terrible experience from them. Sorry to hear that but it is the truth, you can know more about them through their customer's comment in their DX's forum.

In fact, apart from the website our members mentioned before, Colourful Zone is also a good place for you to order. Although their price may be a bit higher compared with others, you can really get their good customer service that it is the first time I get.

The first time I meet them was asking the DS card question, in fact the question is not related to their business, I was not their member at that time and did not make any order with them before, they are pleased to answer my question. After I made my first order with them, it should be R4 at that time, the time I ordered and shipped out is within 2 days. It is good.
smile.gif

Several times I asked them questions about the product, they usually replied me within several hours and sometimes is several minutes. It is the point I appreciate to them. Thus, you can try with them.

1Bean1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm blaming this experience more on the supplier than on VolumeRate. I will follow up here on the refund, as I think that will be better test of VolumeRate's service.

Lisa_ , I suspect you may have received a different R4 than the one I ordered (Volumerate now offers a slightly different R4 than the one I ordered), or possibly that you ordered at a time before the R4 became hard to get (from any retailer / supplier).

I am happy that VolumeRate did NOT substitute my R4 with a different card, or even a different R4 version; I read old messages on other forums that dealextreme did substitutions before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it