Hacking VolumeRate.com

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought my R4 on november 11th, got my confirmation mail at the 12th.
Never got a shipping mail (DealExtreme sends those)
Via liveshipment.com I found my R4 left Hong Kong the 20th of november.

Usually when I order something at DealExtreme it takes two weeks to arrive.
Up till now it's almost 4 weeks since I ordered the R4
huh.gif

I hope it will come tomorrow or else I think I'll never see the R4 at all.

Please VolumeRate, make me think wrong.....

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
iPanic is a volumerate employee. first post with nothing but good things to say about volumerate when everyone else has major problems? fishy

annabwashere

Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE: VolumeRate is now responding to my emails (albeit an alternate email address) and addressing my issues with incorrect shipping info. The email goes on to say that the shipment will definitely not arrive by Christmas.

kopakauk

Trophies
XP
Country
that sucks, I just got one for my girlfriend and it came today, ordered 2 weeks ago, I was a bit concerned with it changing to VolumeRate but i had no problems

gamer1233

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please help me if possible.

So this is what happened...
- I just created an account with my email address at volumerate and ordered an R4 last night (18 hours ago).
- I paid for it with my brothers paypal account and got directed to an "order confirmation" page showing my paypal reciept number.
- I clicked the "My Account and Saved Quotations" link on the volumerate homepage and it lead me to the orders and quotation page which has nothing listed.

My Questions are...
- Is there suppose to be something listed under that list if i ordered something?
- What is the reciept from paypal for and what do i do with it?
- The section that has "To track your order status for R4 and Sample shipment, please go to http://www.liveshipment.com/customers/ with your order number. " At that links site, where do i get the invoice number from?

Thanks
smile.gif
If you re register with the email that is listed with the paypal account, an order should show up, I just found that out on my own and aol is blocking volumerate activation emails so I cant even get my paypal email to work correctly on volumerate.com
dry.gif

Thanatos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered on Nov 26th and their site said it was still processing as of yesterday and now the site says back ordered (it said in stock when i ordered) so i sent an email asking if my order was on back order and if it was to go ahead and cancel the order. Today i got an email back informing me my order had been canceled and my account would be credited in 7 days. With this happening and DX recent screw up with one of my orders looks like im done with those 2 sites.

mohs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comment to post #27

okay, i tried using my brothers email address (paypal address) and registered it to volume rate but the list is still empty. (the email address of mine is empty too.)

can anyone help me still with those 3 questions i have?
wacko.gif
thank you for replying though gamer!

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
ok, so i finally received the R4 on friday. here's the summary of what happened. hopefully this can help all the fellow confused customers. i live in the US by the way, so judge the timeline accordingly.

11/13 - placed my order on volumerate
11/15 - registered my email account with volumerate, but order summary is blank
11/17 and 11/19 - emailed volumerate about blank summary, no response
11/23 - summary shows order being processed and product is being collected.

so 10 days after ordering i finally have an invoice number. however, using that number at liveshipment.com as volumerate suggested does nothing. tracking it there only shows that they don't have a package with that invoice number.

11/24-26 - more emails asking about shipping status since liveshipment.com and my order summary shows no updates.
11/28 - email response from volumerate said that they shipped it on 11/25. gave me a new tracking number to use with HongKongPost.

i was able to track it on HongKongPost's website from there on. up until 11/30, which has the status of the package leaving HongKong and heading towards the US. going forward is a shot in the dark, nomore tracking since it left HK.

12/7 - received product in mail.

the whole process took almost one month. so if you plan on ordering from volumerate, it's probably best to plan WAY ahead.

Puffinz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I have had 5 on order since 15th Nov and according to the tracker site they are still in 'Assembly'.
I've emailed to support and all I get back is a reply saying 'Your order is under processing, will get shipped soon' last one was dated 3rd Dec.
I hold out no hope of seeing these this year. :'(

adamdaviddoyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They told me Friday that it was unlikely i would receive my order by xmas and i ordered on Nov 27th. I just canceled my order and ordered from another site. Little bit more money but hey, it's for xmas present
smile.gif

mohs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mixinluv. thank you for sharing all that information. it was very helpful!!!!!!
smile.gif
thank you thank you

but ever since ive ordered my R4 they have been fast to reply to my emails. ( i sent 3 so far and it got replied back before 24 hours pass for each one)

the recent email i sent to them was about the blank summary i have and they replied back and i replied back to them just now. i hope they will help me with the next upcoming email! they said they will look into my order for me. hope they do
blink.gif

i ordered mine on 12/6. so im guessing i wont get it till janurary.. especially since i live in hawaii, it goes to california first usually whenever i order things online.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow gotta love/hate that X-mas season
wink2.gif

I think the reason for these huge delays is that tons of ppl are buying the r4 right b4 x-mas. I just bought an n-card 2 weeks ago and it took just under 2 weeks to get here. no one buys the ncard
laugh.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the reason for these huge delays is that tons of ppl are buying the r4 right b4 x-mas. I just bought an n-card 2 weeks ago and it took just under 2 weeks to get here. no one buys the ncard
laugh.gif

No one buys them because they're mediocre compared the the Flashcarts we have nowadays.
Sure, it can play some games very well that other games can't play.. But that's about it.

~Nero

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif

No one buys them because they're mediocre compared the the Flashcarts we have nowadays.
Sure, it can play some games very well that other games can't play.. But that's about it.

~Nero

What's with the N-Card hate?
I'd hardly say it's 'mediocre'. It does one thing and does it well, and for a cheap price. If you want a card with tons of nice features, great. But the N-Card (and clones) are great at what they do.

pdeboer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Turns out they are out of R4's. Their website is total crap, I tried signing into my volumerate account but it won't let me, says I have the wrong password. I can't get a password reminder either. they won't respond to my emails. Finally I tried to look up the r4 on volume rate, but it no longer shows the package I bought. It shows up on dealextreme though. There it says that the r4 company missed a few shipments and they are all out and are not taking anymore orders, I assume that applies to voumerate as well. I ordered mine on the first of December, so anyone expecting one can check here for when I get mine. I'll try to remember to post. here's a link to the volumerate page http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.1202~r.DX

its probably best not to email them.

Rankio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif

~Nero

You constantly post things that you have no idea about or experience with.

bobfernando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am one of the lucky few that ordered my R4 before they were removed from DX. Am really happy with my R4.
biggrin.gif
I know this has nothing to do with the post in general but I hope you get your R4 soon to enjoy it.
The few...I got mine from DealExtreme for $27. AWESOME DEAL! compared to today's prices. I got mine sometime...in May 07. They (used to) pretty crappy shipping (it took a month to get mine) I know how you feel. Just wait it out.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
laugh.gif

~Nero

This coming from a R4DS owner who's used to a mediocre experience with slowdown he doesn't even notice because he hardly buys legit games.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...