Hacking Voice chat?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Okay, Nintendo switch online features are now public, and no voice chat, for me personally, it sucks..

My question is, with amosphere cfw, would it be possible to have some kind of voice chat developed by someone to run in background while playing games? Would it be possible to port discord android version to the switch or something like that?
Discord is web based so should be able to port to at least some degree.
Someone should port the voice chat from the Nintendo Switch Online app to Switch, if Nintendo won't do it then someone else should. Since the port does have mic support it's weird that Nintendo didn't make use of it.

ShadyGame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PS4 doesn't use Bluetooth either.

And I still fail to see how using the App is worse than using Discord on the phone.
have you seen the setup of that thing, i dont want to carry around a bunch of cables and having to use my smartphone.

i just want to plug the headphones to the switch and thats it.
Discord is web based so should be able to port to at least some degree.
Someone should port the voice chat from the Nintendo Switch Online app to Switch, if Nintendo won't do it then someone else should. Since the port does have mic support it's weird that Nintendo didn't make use of it.
Yeh me neither, but that is just Nintendo being Nintendo.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you seen the setup of that thing, i dont want to carry around a bunch of cables and having to use my smartphone.

i just want to plug the headphones to the switch and thats it.

Yeh me neither, but that is just Nintendo being Nintendo.

Discord on phone... "Plug headphones in.. Load up app."

Nintendo App on phone "Plug headphones in... Load up app."

I am failing to see the difference.

I agree plugging it into the system is idea... but how is "I don't want to use a phone app! I'll use an app on my phone!" any brighter?

ShadyGame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Discord on phone... "Plug headphones in.. Load up app."

Nintendo App on phone "Plug headphones in... Load up app."

I am failing to see the difference.

I agree plugging it into the system is idea... but how is "I don't want to use a phone app! I'll use an app on my phone!" any brighter?
im sorry i was not talking about discord on the phone, i was talking discord on the nintendo switch...plug headphones in... boom, no smartphone...

Isnt the app only compatible with splatoon only?

Last edited by ShadyGame,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry i was not talking about discord on the phone, i was talking discord on the nintendo switch...plug headphones in... boom, no smartphone...

THAT I agree needs to happen.

That I'm behind 110 percent.

But I still see people going "I don't want to use the Nintendo app on my phone! I'll use Discord on my phone!" and be questioning it.

I mean if they even gave answers as to "The Nintendo app is slow, sound quality is bad..." things like that.. even -THAT- I could understand or agree on.. but the random.. "It's a phone app! BAD! I'll use an app on my phone!" just has me... confused.

ShadyGame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
THAT I agree needs to happen.

That I'm behind 110 percent.

But I still see people going "I don't want to use the Nintendo app on my phone! I'll use Discord on my phone!" and be questioning it.

I mean if they even gave answers as to "The Nintendo app is slow, sound quality is bad..." things like that.. even -THAT- I could understand or agree on.. but the random.. "It's a phone app! BAD! I'll use an app on my phone!" just has me... confused.
I understand that, i like the idea of the app tho, the splatoon content is good, i used it for a while to buy items and check stats, its pretty handy, but stopped playing splatoon never touched it ever since..... ill just patiently wait for atmosphere, when its released, everything its possible, hope we get a scene like the psp one ;) i loved those days...

ShadyGame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is retarded

32257460_2041627266159229_3779397132570591232_n.jpg

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, now Fortnite is out and it has voice chat via headset using only the console´s audio jack, as i said before.
Need more proof?

D

Deleted User

Well, now Fortnite is out and it has voice chat via headset using only the console´s audio jack, as i said before.
Need more proof?
lol, I did think of this thread But figured let sleeping dogs lie.

It's so strange. Why are Nintendo forcing users to use the shite mobile app for Voice Chat on their first party games, not even bothering to offer the 3.5mm jack as an option.... yet a third party company can waltz in, with a free to play game, and do it right? It's fucking weird.....

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It is not wierd. The hardware was always capable. Hell, even DS had voice chat! It is irrational to think Switch wasn´t capable, really.
Its nintendo being nintendo.
They were pushing the shitty mobile app all the time, they where trying to merge and absorb the mobile market, it is something they are really interested in. See the new pokemon go for instance.
Also it is them trying to dodge the blame of pedos using the voice chat to lure kids. Using a phone app is more risky than a console for a pedo since they are easily tracked.
Whatever the reason, there was never a hardware problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P