Hacking Voice chat?

ShadyGame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, Nintendo switch online features are now public, and no voice chat, for me personally, it sucks..

My question is, with amosphere cfw, would it be possible to have some kind of voice chat developed by someone to run in background while playing games? Would it be possible to port discord android version to the switch or something like that?

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, Nintendo switch online features are now public, and no voice chat, for me personally, it sucks..

My question is, with amosphere cfw, would it be possible to have some kind of voice chat developed by someone to run in background while playing games? Would it be possible to port discord android version to the switch or something like that?

Discord has an API, so... maybe.

einfachGaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't remember seeing a microphone on my switch... And I didn't check if the 3,5mm jack has the layout for those 4 pin headsets with a microphone.

So rather difficult if you don't want to use a USB C microphone.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember seeing a microphone on my switch... And I didn't check if the 3,5mm jack has the layout for those 4 pin headsets with a microphone.

You mean This?
rT7aMbg.jpg

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The dock exists, and looks like it has the mic pin in there.

USB Headsets already work with the Switch.

D

Deletedmember331810

The earphones jack has an "in" pin for microphone input. As a matter of fact splatoon has a perfectly running voice chat though there when playing locally (i know, ridiculous).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424394

I really wish cfw would make this possible for everygame other online game too.

Gross. NeoGAF and Resetera both. They act high and mighty and spew shit left and right. They also allow feelings to take precedence over facts.

Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok, you dont like the source. Google about it and you´ll find the same thing.
The facts remain, try yourself using a headset in local lan and see how it works.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm not mistaken, you also have to pay to use cloud saves on PS4...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 via Tapatalk
PSN is overall a better service though. Nintendo can't even be bothered to have voice chat via wired headphones through the switch's headphone jack, bluetooth headphone support, and/or have a mic built into the switch tablet like the wii u tablet does.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no mic on the switch.

The earphones jack has an "in" pin for microphone input. As a matter of fact splatoon has a perfectly running voice chat though there when playing locally (i know, ridiculous).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424394

I really wish cfw would make this possible for everygame other online game too.

But...if the above statement is true then I'd LOVE to get voice chat. I have some friends I need to reconnect with...

edit:

after sifting through the thread, it seems like...3 people have confirmed it working. I think.
seems promising if people can figure out how to make a homebrew app that uses it

Last edited by Taffy,

ShadyGame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
bluetooth headset would be better than nothing, im not using nintendo's crazy solution to voice chat tho xD

Discord would be perfect...time will tell...

Reactions: Taffy

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Discord would be perfect

My switch is my internet lifeline. I don't have a reliable internet-enabled computer at home for reasons, but I have that Switch to use. It's why I chose to update when I got the super nag after turning off the DNS stuff.

Discord doesn't like running on the browser applets, and I'd KILL for a solution.

Reactions: ShadyGame

CoolerSugar955

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSN is overall a better service though. Nintendo can't even be bothered to have voice chat via wired headphones through the switch's headphone jack, bluetooth headphone support, and/or have a mic built into the switch tablet like the wii u tablet does.
No online service I have to pay for will ever be good

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluetooth headset would be better than nothing, im not using nintendo's crazy solution to voice chat tho xD

Discord would be perfect...time will tell...

PS4 doesn't use Bluetooth either.

And I still fail to see how using the App is worse than using Discord on the phone.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only is psn better, but so is the match making, making a lobby and "INVITING FRIENDS" which the switch does all on the app, is all done on the console. The complaint of voice chat is probably the least of our problems, but it seem like everything will be done via phone app. I'm still kinda upset that ps4 can't even use most bluetooth headsets, you either need a USB or one that works in the controller slot on the dualshock 4. What a huge downgrade. Does these systems need so much connection between the controllers that it can't use other accessories? :blink:

My concern is having a modernized matchmaking system that isn't still 2006 NDS/WII wifi and more PSN/XBL standard. I just want to be able to insert a username and send a invite to join my game, not be friend a limited number of people and have to swap accounts to manage them all, then have to call them or text them just to tell them "Hey, I'm live, I'm playing mario kart, come play" when I can just do it on psn with a simple invite process without having to message someone. Even a option to create groups or personalized communities would be nice. :hateit:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool