Gaming Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise

semiartificial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this is a known issue. I am relatively new to this whole area (ROMS/cards etc), just a dad trying to get some games sorted out for Christmas. I am also trying to be very mindful of the forum rules.

I have now tried four different roms, from different places, both the European and US versions, and get white screens every time. Every other game plays ok. I thought that maybe this is a recognised problem, but there is no patch in the download section, and nothing about a problem shows up on google.

Could anyone shed any light on this please?

semiartificial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies.

I do have the latest firmware - only had the Edge card for a few days and downloaded the firmware earlier this week.

Look like I am going to have to try to patch the rom!
wacko.gif

Haven't done anything like this before so wish me luck.
I will probably be extremely pleased with myself if I do it, and think I am some kind of L33t HaXXor (is that right?!!) instead of a middle aged guy just getting a game the kids will like!

Update:

By the way, I have now looked into this patching a bit.
I have a very old PC and the DSLazy approach looks too complex for me and my very old and incorrectly configured PC.
I see there is an alternative, AMR7FIXA, which needs a suitable 'donor' rom for the arm7.bin.
I tried to use it, but it didn't complete the process (got a 'run time error'), again this may be due to my old PC.
Or it might be because I don't know the right donor rom to use.
Any suggestions?

Update 2:

Tried it with an arm7.bin file I found.
The program ran, and patched it, so at least I know I'm doing basically the right thing and the PC will do it.
Unfortunately the patched file still white screen'ed, so I guess I need another bin/donor

I think this confirms I am not L33t.
So, without breaking forum rules
lecture.gif
, any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
yaynds.gif

Thanks.

semiartificial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem solved.

Apparently the rom doesn't work with the latest version of the Edge's firmware.

Have downloaded the previous version (1.41) from this site and it works fine.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah viva pinata only work on 1.41 firmware for the edge cart and chrono trigger does any firmware higher than the 1.41 and you get the white screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken