Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was recently given a genuine copy of Windows Vista Ultimate. I poped the DVD into a PC running XP, and decided to finally upgrade to Vista, i just couldn't be bothered in the first place. Anyway, I'ts currently running fine yet i have a major problem. The copy had installed vista with Arabic;something i didn't know prior to installation.
hate2.gif
mad.gif

So i opened up windows update, and downloaded the English addon, it downloaded fines, but installation gave me an error. I thought this happened because i did it through windows update, so i went ahead and downloaded the sperate MUI file, but i'm also getting the same error when installing.

The error is just a window saying that installation wa in successful, took me some time to read and translate it.

Has anyone tried installing MUI files on Vista Ultimate Successfully? And before i get a lot of links for letmegooglethatforyou, i already tried and google wasn't being my friend, it only gave me a bunch of results on how and showing the steps to install the MUI files, which i tired and it was giving me the above error. Plus all of the windows help is in Arabic
dry.gif
Despite the fact i live in a arabic-speaking country i barely know how to read the damn language. Anway its all weird since EVEYTHING is from right to left, even the start orb xD

Any help is greatly appreciate, i'd really like to enjoy this copy of Windows Vista.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I had it working on my laptop before I downgraded it to XP. But as far as I can remember there were no problems at all installing MUIs and using them.

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It comes straight out of the box in arabic, there is nothing i can do about it
hate2.gif

I'm actually thinking of selling the copy, going out and buying an English one, anyway thanks for Minox_IX, and P.S for suggesting or confirming that it worked for you, possibly something went wrong prior or during installation, anyway thanks to everyone

Maz7006

iSEXu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice suggestion, great idea, hopefully it will work thanks Juggernaut911

EDIT : Tried hitting up a few Restarts, Ran the installation, and for some trange reason i stopped getting that error, weird, anyway thanks for everyones help, THIS THREAD CAN BE CLOSED

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1