OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Okay so, I have 2 HP OEM Vista 32 and 64 bit Business DVDs but after hours of trial and error, I came here for help!!

I am trying to figure out how this DVD selects which version to install as it doesnt give me the option, yet the EULA is for Business!!

I transfer it without UNATTENDED.xml that came on the DVD (which had the following line that lead me to belive it would select it)
Code:
cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="catalog:d:/sources/install_windows vista business.clg" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi"

Main objective:
- Make the installing edition selectable

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my post from another problem (MSFN). anyone have any idea?

Frikin 4 hours without any results!!!!!!!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
QUOTE said:
Okay so, I have 2 HP OEM Vista 32 and 64 bit Business DVDs but after hours of trial and error, I came here for help!!

I am trying to figure out how this DVD selects which version to install as it doesnt give me the option, yet the EULA is for Business!!

I transfer it without UNATTENDED.xml that came on the DVD (which had the following line that lead me to belive it would select it)
Code:
cpi:offlineImage cpi:source="catalog:d:/sources/install_windows vista business.clg" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi"

Main objective:
- Make the installing edition selectable

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

my post from another problem (MSFN). anyone have any idea?

Frikin 4 hours without any results!!!!!!!

Did you look in the source directory that it points to? There should be other clg files that you might be able to select to get different versions.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
These are what are in \Source\:
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA BU000.CLG
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA BUSIN.CLG
INSTALL_Windows Vista BUSINESS.clg
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA HO000.CLG
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA HOMEB.CLG
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA HOMEP.CLG
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA START.CLG
INSTALL_WINDOWS VISTA ULTIM.CLG
install_Windows Vista ULTIMATE.clg

weird

lv426

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know about the OEM DVD's, but the retail DVD's are all identical, vista home basic right through to vista ultimate, its your key which determines which version it installs

Edit- What I said above is the same as Jiggah said in your other post

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Think I may have found a fix:

I removed all images from the install.wim but ULTIMATE so it wouldnt have anywhere to look. going good so far. the EULA was for ultimate!
biggrin.gif

now to make sure and make a Home Premium/Ultimate install with built in activation!

I'll update this later

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine has 7 clg files (this is a retail package). One for each version of Vista and one named STARTER.

Have you tried running the image through vlite to see if you can pull the image out?

Reading up on the OEM discs, they have a bios checker on there. I'd be easier to get an OEM disc from another source and use the key at the bottom of the laptop/desktop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: