Hacking Virgin 4.2 Wii softmod problem

ffviivince10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed HBC and Bootmiiv2 onto my virgin 4.2 wii. I go to WAD manager and try to select my IOS 250 and when i hit A the Wii freezes and i lose my synch on the wiimote and i have to unplug the power to reset it. Does anyone know a way around this issue? I've looked up online for hours on end trying to follow different guides and none of them have worked. Any help is much appreciated.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ffviivince10 said:
I installed HBC and Bootmiiv2 onto my virgin 4.2 wii. I go to WAD manager and try to select my IOS 250 and when i hit A the Wii freezes and i lose my synch on the wiimote and i have to unplug the power to reset it. Does anyone know a way around this issue? I've looked up online for hours on end trying to follow different guides and none of them have worked. Any help is much appreciated.
im guessing youve tried my guide?

wad manager shouldnt work, because you have no cIOS installed.

ffviivince10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guides i've tried say to uninstall and install a certain IOS file before running a cIOS installer. What exactly should i do to get my Wii to play backups? I'm being careful because i don't want to mess it up because i updated to 4.2 like an idiot before modding. Right now i uninstalled HBC and bootmii and am trying this guide right now http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Yea im trying yours. Im at the part where i just replaced the bootmii folder with try this one first. I read further into the guide and it mentions something about a work folder that i don't see anywhere in the file i downloaded.

I found a .zip file conatining the cIOS installer v14 file. Do i need the last step that involves a GC controller to be able to play backups? Also when i finish the guide will i be able to use WAD manager normally and install neogamma backup loader?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ffviivince10 said:
The guides i've tried say to uninstall and install a certain IOS file before running a cIOS installer. What exactly should i do to get my Wii to play backups? I'm being careful because i don't want to mess it up because i updated to 4.2 like an idiot before modding. Right now i uninstalled HBC and bootmii and am trying this guide right now http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Yea im trying yours. Im at the part where i just replaced the bootmii folder with try this one first. I read further into the guide and it mentions something about a work folder that i don't see anywhere in the file i downloaded.

I found a .zip file conatining the cIOS installer v14 file. Do i need the last step that involves a GC controller to be able to play backups? Also when i finish the guide will i be able to use WAD manager normally and install neogamma backup loader?
i updated the files to include the cios installer. and updated the guide

by work folder i meant cboot2 folder.

yes you should be able to install wad normally after the guide.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ffviivince10 said:
Alright cool. I don't have a GC controller available to me right now though. What does mIOS patcher do?
allows you to play gamecube backups.

ffviivince10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks ALOT! I got it working now. Should i download preloader and neogamma? What would be the recommended programs to download for safe play? I'm used to neogamma so i would like to stick with that.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ffviivince10 said:
Alright, thanks ALOT! I got it working now. Should i download preloader and neogamma? What would be the recommended programs to download for safe play? I'm used to neogamma so i would like to stick with that.
do it
as far as i know, you either need a IOS 70 with ES_DIVerif patch to run preloader correctly and yes stick to neogamma.

ffviivince10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know i'm sounding really noob at this but i am lol. Ive done just about every other kind of modding with every other system too. How would i install that IOS if i were to find it? Is there another option i coulse use instead of preloader that would be easier?

ffviivince10

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i'll keep an eye out for that. Now for my LAST question. I got the hang of installing apps onto the SD card using apps folder and such but can i make a channel out of it? Like a SNES emulator channel? Same for Neogamma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: