The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Um... I wanted to convert Avatar or Harry Potter or some Miyazaki movie to .DPG format, but they all end up too big for my 2GB Micro SD card unless I want to put one at a time, WHICH I DON'T. What's the point of movies on your DS if you can only have one at a time?

How do I make small sized .dpg files of full movies?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Um... I wanted to convert Avatar or Harry Potter or some Miyazaki movie to .DPG format, but they all end up too big for my 2GB Micro SD card unless I want to put one at a time, WHICH I DON'T. What's the point of movies on your DS if you can only have one at a time?

How do I make small sized .dpg files of full movies?
Well, generally people don't use 2gb mSDs (usually that is just for R4 original's and their clones)...the only real options you have is to get a flashcart (if you don't already) that supports SDHC and get a mSDHC, or lower the quality of your .dpgs, or live with the fact that you are going to only be able to have one on your mSD at a time. There is a large point to movies on the DS even if there is only space for one at a time, on-the-go does not mean everything magically fits, it just means you don't need to sit and watch a television screen.
If you really need stuff like that, you can always go for an Acekard RPG with its built-in NAND which allows you to transfer files between microSD's.

mrweenie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have encounterd a problen with batchDPG

when i try to run a Mpeg4 file i gat an error box
have not tryed anyothers an hve none (i have ipod so all mpeg4)
i tryeddownloading k-lite but i still get the error box!

HELP!!!!
blink.gif
wacko.gif
unsure.gif
hate2.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help with this. I'm trying to convert a movie in mp4 format but have had no luck so far. When I use Batchdpg I get an error that says I need to open the file in a direct show based media player. When I use Super I get a really laggy video. I would rather have a fix for batch dpg (Since I've had better encoding results with it) but if all else fails, I'll use super. Or better yet, a new converter would be nice.

Info:

I'm on Windows 7. I have everything installed from the first post of this thread. I've converted videos before, but only from avi which works for me.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonitonichopchop said:
I need some help with this. I'm trying to convert a movie in mp4 format but have had no luck so far. When I use Batchdpg I get an error that says I need to open the file in a direct show based media player. When I use Super I get a really laggy video. I would rather have a fix for batch dpg (Since I've had better encoding results with it) but if all else fails, I'll use super. Or better yet, a new converter would be nice.

Info:

I'm on Windows 7. I have everything installed from the first post of this thread. I've converted videos before, but only from avi which works for me.

Try to install an MP4 codec, if you have time install the CCP (Community Codec Pack).

The CCP worked for me.

If this doesn´t work try using the files you got from whichever codec you downloaded and put it on the codec or plugins(or something similar folder) and it should now work.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could also use Xilisoft DPG Converter, ImToo DPG Converter, or 4media DPG Converter (the three are exactly the same)

or convert the MP4 to AVI and then convert it to DPG.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
BatchDPG's link is broken... :/

i have Super, but i hate the horrible seek times (BatchDPG seems to be the only converter i've used so far that seeks almost instantly).

oh yeah, and if somebody can upload and link me their BatchDPG that WORKS ON WINDOWS 7, please do. i'd appreciate that a lot. for some reason, i am seeing a LOT of broken BatchDPG links. a LOT.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
thanks. i figured i was forgetting something. (been googling for links for a while now)

i wonder why BatchDGP is the only converter i've tried that seeks fast without losing synchronicity... i have tried other converters before with impressive quality, but lag, desynching and horrible seek time kinda kills em for me.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
^DPG4 is the best format that you can use. in terms of what you said "seeks fast without losing synchronicity".. and also the frame for the seek draws correctly despite of DPG2 format that BatchDPG offers... (try seeking too much.. the same frame is still intact, sometimes it glitch with cluster of image... while in DPG4. the frames are draws correctly and different each you seek using stylus.)

so far... DPG4 convertion. offers only using the DPG converter on moonshell 2 packages..

btw did you know that "DPGTools" can embed subtitles ... (by using Avisynth script as a source file
tongue.gif
)

add avisynt script
Code:
LoadPlugin("you vsfilter location")

BicubicResize(set you video resolution here... eg... XXX:XXX)
TextSub(you subtitle source here.)

fix on no audio in DPGtools (avisynth script)
Code:
AudioDub(DirectShowSource("your source file here"))

requires.. avisynth on your system to be installed first.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
dnniwa485 said:
^DPG4 is the best format that you can use. in terms of what you said "seeks fast without losing synchronicity".. and also the frame for the seek draws correctly despite of DPG2 format that BatchDPG offers... (try seeking too much.. the same frame is still intact, sometimes it glitch with cluster of image... while in DPG4. the frames are draws correctly and different each you seek using stylus.)

so far... DPG4 convertion. offers only using the DPG converter on moonshell 2 packages..

btw did you know that "DPGTools" can embed subtitles ... (by using Avisynth script as a source file
tongue.gif
)

add avisynt script
Code:
LoadPlugin("you vsfilter location")

BicubicResize(set you video resolution here... eg... XXX:XXX)
TextSub(you subtitle source here.)

fix on no audio in DPGtools (avisynth script)
Code:
AudioDub(DirectShowSource("your source file here"))

requires.. avisynth on your system to be installed first.

i've read from somewhere (i think gbatmw) that DPG4's sizes are usually double a DPG3's size. i don't mind the few artifacts, i'm not that picky (except maybe when it comes to animated feature films). i'll maybe try it sometime, if i get around to downloading a third party converter that supports it. but so far, i'm pretty content with BatchDPG's quality and seek speed, despite it being able to convert up to DPG2 only. being able to seek instantly is important when it comes to long duration videos, and i've never had any audio desynching before with anything i've converted using BatchDPG. plus, i don't have to mess with the framerates, BatchDPG does it for you so that nothing looks choppy or laggy.

as for avisynth and subtitling, BatchDPG pretty much does those in a jiffy. it's pretty much a standard GUI for mencoder and avisynth, so yeah, it does those. and i've already converted films previously with resized subs that look comfy on a DSphat's tiny screen, so yeah, i've no problems with those. i just want a BatchDPG that WORKS on Windows 7, but again i'll look into that as well.

celeron53

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help? i have successfully converted a dpg file but when i play the video on my ds, an error occurs. I think its the size of my video. does anyone know what the "okay" size should be?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
celeron53 said:
can anyone help? i have successfully converted a dpg file but when i play the video on my ds, an error occurs. I think its the size of my video. does anyone know what the "okay" size should be?
I don't think there really is a size limit...I've played a ~500MB just fine before. Maybe try checking your .dpg file with dpgshow or one of the other tools in the dpgtools/misc folder and checking to make sure it is properly converted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel