Gaming videos not shown in photo/video gallery

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using 3ds video to convert some 3d videos into 3ds (VID_0001.AVI to VID_0010.AVI) format and i have put them on my 3ds sd card...only 3 videos are displayed in the photo/video gallery... there are actually 10 videos.. any idea??

loco365

Trophies
XP
Did you number them accordingly and add them to the folder? It'll take a moment at times before the content manager will pull up to update the image file.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does the 3DS update its management file after you wait on the gallery for a while?

It's possible that some of the videos you converted just aren't compatible. I've noticed this tends to be the case if the framerate was too low.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
There's a lot of possible reasons for videos to not show up on the albums. A good way to check is convert a test file (something short, 2mins or so) with your settings and slap that on the SD card. If it doesn't work, well, just change the settings. Not sure about the framerates, but generally, I use 23 (default is 20), which should be fine to not mess around with. The 3DS can do 30fps though.

Some videos converted from rather difficult formats (like QuickTime's MOV or RMVB), even though converts just fine, don't play on the 3DS. I think it's the codec, but not really sure. A sure-fire fix for this though is to convert that video into something simple, like AVI (Xvid or DivX) or MPEG and then convert to a 3DS-friendly format.

Also, something I do that tends to "nudge" the app into prompting a Data Management update is to go to Settings, Copy files from SD to System Memory, but then cancel it. When I go back to the album, it usually pops up. Usually. Also, it helps to scroll to the earliest parts (leftmost side of the scroll bar).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz