Hacking Video Tutorial: How to make a flashing tool?

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi all, i am wondering if it would be possible for someone to actually show in a video, how to make yourself a flashing tool as i wont want to be stuck here with a bricked DS Lite.

Before everyone starts read this and that, i have seen the official and several other tutorials on installing flashme on DS Lite however nobody has actually shown how to make a flashing tool as i said above i wont want to make a mistake.

i have also seen the steps involved in making a flashing tool however it's always better if you see something happening etc..

Anyone?

BTW I am sorry if this was posted in the wrong section.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you're that worried about bricking your ds, maybe you should just consider getting a passcard or superkey. since they're less than 20usd, it's a much safer alternative than monkeying around with your system (especially if you have no knowledge in electronics).

otherwise, as almost all of the threads on this topic have pointed out, make sure you have something that can make contact and bridge the 2 semi-circles of the SL 1 point while keep the tool non-conductive to all other areas (by wrapping paper or some other non-conductive material around the tool.)

check out this thread if you want a more detailed explanation:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=32920

ron555

Trophies
XP
Country
Get a toothpick with a flat edge (something that's just big enough for the NDS lite's SL1 whole.

Wrap it in foil

Wrap the folder (except for the tip) with electric tape.

Test it out while the DS is off to see if it fits.

Test it.

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Here is the video...

just replace the presented stick with a thinner one and the the latex with foil
wink.gif

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
i simply took one of these things to keep together paper ( don't know the english word... the bend metallic tingy ) and simply wrap around some nonconductive tape leaving only the tip out. then simply introduce this one. if you manage to brick something with that simply then i don't know what can help you
biggrin.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
when I flash my DS Lite I'm going to put some tape everywhere around the SL1 so I can't touch anything that's not the SL1...

does it make any difference if you turn on your DS with the SL1 already shorted?
if that's possible, you could tape a tiny piece of metal onto the SL1 while the DS is turned off, and flash the DS lite that way...

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
i don't think that's needed. i simply stand in front of a mirror with the back turned to me so i could poke into the hole watching when the counter goes up. flashed in less than 20 seconds like that. in fact if what you poke into the hole is smaller than the hole itself and not conducting on the outside you are already 100% safe in my opinion.

khan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
why is it that you have to put tape around the foil when you flash ur ds? i flashd mine without some and it was fine so i dont know...
simply because on the side of the hole nearly invisible is a metal piece which makes the DS turn of if touched by your flashtool ( with other words, shrtened with the SL1 ). isolating it anywhere else than the very tip simply disables this scenario entirely.

memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why is it that you have to put tape around the foil when you flash ur ds? i flashd mine without some and it was fine so i dont know...

simply because on the side of the hole nearly invisible is a metal piece which makes the DS turn of if touched by your flashtool ( with other words, shrtened with the SL1 ). isolating it anywhere else than the very tip simply disables this scenario entirely.

Really? ok, is this for all nds's? Because when i flashed my ds i just stuck the toothpick with foil around it and didnt do anything else, maybe i was lucky
biggrin.gif
Anyway Thanks for letting me know
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)