Hardware Video Resolution

sznaps

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a component wii cable on ebay for $6.53 with free shipping, the only change i gave me was from 480i to 480p. Now I see people stating they can get 576i also? How do you get this mode and would I have to buy the actual nintento cable to do this?

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
576i is the resolution for PAL video. If you really wanted it, you would need to change the region of your console, which is a risky process and would mean you'd need to use some sort of region free thing to play your original NTSC games.

You don't want 576i - sure, it's better than 480i, but it's worse than 480p. When you're using component cables the colour problems with NTSC vs. PAL don't matter either. Go with the progressive signal (480p).

Commadore64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure this helps or applies but....
600px-Resolution_chart.png

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd like to ask something:
With has better vídeo card: PS2 or Wii ???

I have a PS2 at home, and I can watch DIVx movies at resolutions above 480p using SMS (Simple media System, for me, the best player I used, somebody could make some exactly like it to Wii). I know it does not play x264 files, but normal movies, and is is able to put resolutions at 1080 on my TV.

I often read here that Wii is only able to go to 480p. So, PS2, a video game very very old has better video than wii ???

SMS : http://members.casema.nl/eugene_plotnikov/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.