Hacking Video hicups in moonshell?

azithinkibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having some problems with BatchDPG on my M3 Real.

I've converted some videos (avi and mpg), about 22 mins long, and it seemed to work fine. I can watch them on my DS using moonshell, but the problem is that the video will play for about 3 seconds, then freeze (but the audio keeps going) and maybe 1.5 seconds later, the video skips ahead to where the audio track is and plays for another 3 seconds before doing the same thing. So I have hicups every few seconds during the entire video.

I converted it using (mostly) the recommended settings from the stickied guide. The only changes I made (or, more precisely, forgot to change) are that I did 2 passes instead of 3, had resizer set to bicubic, and didn't check "Normalize" for audio - could one of these 3 things be causing the skipping? Or is it a sign of using a SD card that's too slow? I'm using a Taiwan Kingston 1gb, so maybe that's the problem?

Also, I'm using the version of moonshell that came already on the m3 card, which I hear I should upgrade to the downloaded version. But could any of these factors be causing the problem I described? Cause if it's something else (ie: my card), and updating/re-converting won't fix it, I'd rather know before I waste my time fooling around with it.

Thanks!

azithinkibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So instead of converting on ultra, with 3 passes, high bitrate, etc, I should convert it to a lower quality? I don't mind losing some quality if the video will actually play properly, so I'll try that.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use EzBuilder works great and is allot faster than the other DPG converters you can edit all the settings like bitrate size of screen frame rate these are located in \tool\ini\dpg.ini.

Also it does batch video conversion just put all the files you want to convert in the folder.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know why this happens!

Open global.ini, and find Gopskip, ADC (adaptive display control?) and dithering. Change all of the options to 0, save the file. No more skipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night