video game store troubles

gekiwolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I bought a psp and pre-ordered Fable 2 from a game store. So when I played my psp it had some stuck pixels. When I call the store they told me I had to contact Sony because they don't deal with that. I told them the psp did not even have a week and they refused. The next problem was that my 360 bricked 4 days ago and I went to cancel my pre-order of Fable which was already payed in full since they only give 7days of warranty and it will about a month before I get my xbox back. They told me that they had to keep $5 in the system or trasfer it to another pre-order. This really annoyed me so I am just gonna wait till its out and return it right there.

This got me thinking is it just here or are other stores just as annoying?? What have been your experiences?

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS lite had a dead pixel,but the store changed it for me,which was good of them.

An annoying thing,though,is the stickers they put on the game cases.
The ammount of times I've gone to the counter with a game labelled ''£10'' just to find out it actually costs £20,happened 2 weeks back with monster hunter.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they keep advertising at £10 and dont change labels etc they are breaking the law
go back later and try buy it - i same happens then ask for manager and threaten them with trading standards and writing to head office.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate gamestop. they give you nothing for trade in games.
"here give us those 5 games and 3 dollars for us to take those games off your hands"

gekiwolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
I hate gamestop. they give you nothing for trade in games.
"here give us those 5 games and 3 dollars for us to take those games off your hands"

Me too. I rather sell them on ebay. I got 25 for animal crossing and $100 for 26 gameboy games + a GBA. In gamestop I would have gotten $30 out of all of that. An that is being optimistic.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow you got hosed dude, but perhaps that's the crap in your area you deal with. In the states they can't legally keep a damn cent if you don't get the merchandise, no $5 banditry going on. As for the PSP in this area you can take it back and keep doing so as much as it does piss off the store until you get one that works. I'm a bit surprised that store pulled that crap given the game system was new.

The worst we deal with here as far as chains go is Gamestop giving in 90% of the cases only 20% of the value of the game back sometimes less. Unless something is brand new (30days or less), still hot over time, or some quirky rarity(not the game in particular but in their inventory) you'll get screwed. There are exceptions as every few months they'll run a deal where if you take in 3 you get 10% more, 4 = 20%+ and 5=30% over and then it actually starts to be pretty fair. Suddenly that game you would have got $10 in credit on gets you $13.00 which is nice as every bit helps.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jabjab said:
If they keep advertising at £10 and dont change labels etc they are breaking the law
go back later and try buy it - i same happens then ask for manager and threaten them with trading standards and writing to head office.

May be different in other country's

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SavageWaffle said:
jabjab said:

yeah, i was meaning for pilotwangs who is in the UK.

For the OP, in the UK i dont think that they are obliged to give a cash refund if its the case that the item is simply unwanted - in that case then store credit/exchange may be offered. Not sure how that differs in other countries.
Don't know if you really are in puerto rico and not sure what 'keeping in the system' means seeing as it wouldn't be linked to anything... but unless they have a policy of a non-refundable deposit (which this $5 sounds like) then maybe ask for it to be given as credit to spend if you needed the remainder of the balance on fable as 'cash'.

gekiwolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jabjab said:
SavageWaffle said:
jabjab said:

yeah, i was meaning for pilotwangs who is in the UK.

For the OP, in the UK i dont think that they are obliged to give a cash refund if its the case that the item is simply unwanted - in that case then store credit/exchange may be offered. Not sure how that differs in other countries.
Don't know if you really are in puerto rico and not sure what 'keeping in the system' means seeing as it wouldn't be linked to anything... but unless they have a policy of a non-refundable deposit (which this $5 sounds like) then maybe ask for it to be given as credit to spend if you needed the remainder of the balance on fable as 'cash'.

Yes I am in PR. To make things easier the store is
hate2.gif
gamestop. The only option they gave me for the deposit was a transfer to another pre order with the excuse they could not do anything about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: