• Earthbound/Mother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Star Fox

• Tales of Series

• Kingdom Hearts

• Games that are not in a series (The World Ends With You, ETC)

• Other (specify)

• Total voters

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say zelda... so many songs and tunes from that game that is stuck in the back of my head
smile.gif

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Touhou (pronounced Toehoe)
Man, there's not even anything remotely resembling to the "oe" sound in "toe" and "hoe" in Japanese. I usually don't care much for pronunciations of anything, but every time I hear someone pronounce Touhou like this I want to stab myself in the face. Luckily for me, it seems like only people from NA do it.

QUOTE(Knyaz Vladimir @ Mar 30 2011, 10:36 PM) Of course, the music got really good since the 8th games, and I love 12.3 especially.
Shit man, you better fucking go and download soundtracks for 1-7 right now.

I would understand if you said that the music got really good starting with the 6th game, since that's when the style changed with the switch from PC-98, but starting with the 8th game? What kind of master spark are you smoking if you think soundtracks for EoSD and PCB aren't on par with IN and up?

Also, Touhou.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mazor said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
Touhou (pronounced Toehoe)
Man, there's not even anything remotely resembling to the "oe" sound in "toe" and "hoe" in Japanese. I usually don't care much for pronunciations of anything, but every time I hear someone pronounce Touhou like this I want to stab myself in the face. Luckily for me, it seems like only people from NA do it.

QUOTE(Knyaz Vladimir @ Mar 30 2011, 10:36 PM) Of course, the music got really good since the 8th games, and I love 12.3 especially.
Shit man, you better fucking go and download soundtracks for 1-7 right now.

I would understand if you said that the music got really good starting with the 6th game, since that's when the style changed with the switch from PC-98, but starting with the 8th game? What kind of master spark are you smoking if you think soundtracks for EoSD and PCB aren't on par with IN and up?

Also, Touhou.

Fanboy alert.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zelda is probably the most iconic in my opinion maybe surpassed by mario

I voted games not in a series because of the TWEWY mention

And I've always loved the castlevania soundtracks, they really add allot to the game it wouldn't be the same without them....the atmosphere just wouldn't feel right

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
Fanboy alert.
*Siren* *siren* someone made a remark to someone else sharing the same video game music preference in a thread about video game music preference! Abandon ship!

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mazor said:
Hells Malice said:
Fanboy alert.
*Siren* *siren* someone made a remark to someone else sharing the same video game music preference in a thread about video game music preference! Abandon ship!
No. You're just getting over-defensive and saying he's incorrect when it's clearly his opinion. And he's right, you are a fanboy. Correcting him on how you pronounce it seems pretty fanboy-ish to me.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Touhou is srs bsns.
You either like it right or you don't.

Anyway, I already posted (even though it was last year) I'm going to say some shit again.
Final Fantasy has memorable music, wouldn't call it the best though.
It isn't a series (EVEN THOUGH IT VERY WELL COULD BE), Bayonetta and Vanquish is just awesome. Sonic Colours, T3B and Blazblue are others that come to mind.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Mazor said:
Hells Malice said:
Fanboy alert.
No. You're just getting over-defensive and saying he's incorrect when it's clearly his opinion.
Well, that's like, just, your opinion, man.

No implication that it's incorrect to not like the soundtracks of 6 (EoSD) & 7 (PCB) was made, I was asking which master spark (game reference which you clearly didn't get) he was smoking in not including the similar-styled 6 and 7, setting aside asking about 1-5 that I personally find to be the best, since they're completely differently styled whereas 6 and 7 have the same style of music as 8 and up.

As for the pronunciation, I doubt you or most anyone else would not correct someone who explicitly told (note how this is different from just using a mispronunciation, that wouldn't be a big deal to most) how to pronounce their favorite game wrongly.

But yeah, derp touhouz, srs bsn, fanboy etc.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mazor said:
As for the pronunciation, I doubt you or most anyone else would not correct someone who explicitly told (note how this is different from just using a mispronunciation, that wouldn't be a big deal to most) how to pronounce their favorite game wrongly.

LOL, I don't think you can mispronounce Final Fantasy 6 wrongly unless you don't speak English.

But back on topic, the OP's selection is horribly limited, he shouldn't have turned that into a poll in the first place. Also, what's with the choice "anime and manga"? I thought this was video game series only?

My favorite music in a video game series. Kinda a tough one to decide. There are quite a few.
1. Civilization - Damn, I just find diversity in a soundtrack nice to listen too. Classical, traditional, some modern, Civilization continuously has amazing and terrific music.
2. Ace Attorney - Amazingly orchestrated. Quite simply, I love it. It's fun, upbeat yet atmospheric, works well to the tone of the game.
3. Final Fantasy - Call me lame, I like the music of the series. Well composed, consistent, atmospheric.
4. Kingdom Hearts - I've outgrown Kingdom Hearts, but I haven't yet outgrown the music. I have great respect for Yoko, up until now. She's still a terrific composer. Fantastically orchestrated, composed, pleasing, works well with the game.
5. Mass Effect - Great series. Great music. Well fitting. (I'm running out of things to say)
6. Mana - Particularly Secret of Mana. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.
7. Chrono - Chrono Trigger makes me feel like a superhero, Chrono Cross makes me feel emotional.
8. Metroid - Excellent music. Kinda chilly. (Kinda chilly? XD)
9. LoZ - Out of respect, I must include this here. The main theme is quite possibly the second most recognizable, and I must admit it sounds damn epic. (Super Mario Bros. Theme is obviously the first.)

I can't decide. I'll call it a tie.
tongue.gif
I probably missed a lot more since I'm sleepy right now.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kirby - I like some of its soundtracks.

Pokemon - I like this better than Kirby.

Kingdom Hearts - I like almost all of its soundtracks! What I like most is the "Simple and Clean" Remix.
yay.gif

And, sorry for the bump.
frown.gif
I didn't notice this thread. But shouldn't this kind of thread be moved to General Consoles Discussion ?
unsure.gif

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
FiReFoX_7 said:

Kingdom Hearts - I like almost all of its soundtracks! What I like most is the "Simple and Clean" Remix.
yay.gif

And, sorry for the bump.
frown.gif
I didn't notice this thread. But shouldn't this kind of thread be moved to General Consoles Discussion ?
unsure.gif

I think it's about the music of the video games, not the video games themselves.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KingdomBlade said:
FiReFoX_7 said:

yay.gif

And, sorry for the bump.
frown.gif
unsure.gif

I think it's about the music of the video games, not the video games themselves.
You've got it all wrong, I like these 3 video games because I like its soundtracks. But in my opinion, Kingdom Hearts has the best music. I love it.
yay.gif

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
FiReFoX_7 said:
KingdomBlade said:
FiReFoX_7 said:

yay.gif

And, sorry for the bump.
frown.gif
unsure.gif

You've got it all wrong, I like these 3 video games because I like its soundtracks. But in my opinion, Kingdom Hearts has the best music. I love it.
yay.gif

He means it shouldn't be moved because the thread is about music

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1