Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok the first thread dedicated to the releases of all game playing machines, minus Mac & Mobile. Just doing this as a trial to see if you like it. Thanks to VVoltz for doing PS2, PS3, 360 & multi-format sections & Tjas for PC section, the rest is done by me. Right RELEASE THREAD TEAM...GOOOOOOOO!

NOTE: These dates are what retailers say is out unless stated otherwise, sometimes they make dates up for pre-ordering purposes. Some games may get delayed some others not listed may appear but at the moment of posting these are correct. Also just because a game is released in stores it doesn't mean that they'll appear on our internets. I love you with mouth.

DS

5th Febuary

Assassin's Creed : Altaïr's Chronicles

Region: North America Genre: Action/Adventure
Developer: Gameloft Publisher: Ubisoft

Gameloft, a well respected mobile phone developer/publisher. Some of their games are awesome but some others are just cash ins. This is their second all new DS title after the bad Miami Nights, they did do Asphalt GT 1&2, Brain Challenge, Platinum Sodoku and Real Football which were pretty decent for me and they helped with Brothers In Arms but they were ports with stuff added. Its a direct prequel to the 360/PS3 game and players go through a fully realized 3D world in which you will travel and battle through four cities of the Crusade’s Middle East, using acrobatic moves and exhilarating combo attacks that mix sword skills and high-flying kicks. IGN say the engine looks like the one they used for BIA. There are of course "mini games", one such game involves pick pocketing, and you'll need to use the stylus to swipe away the darkness in the pocket so you can see what you're stealing. I'm hoping for the best & I hope the touchscreen controls aren't forced

2003631464632913815_rs.jpg

Zoo Tycoon 2

Region: North America Genre: Zoo Sim
Developer: Altron Publisher: THQ

Well the first one was a bit crap, but then I didn't really like this series on the PC. My girlfriend did like the PC series and she said the DS one was crap too and a bit limited. Anyway the first was released early in the DS's life and most titles from 3rd parties failed back then anyway so time for a second chance. Sadly it is by THQ and developed by Altron who mostly make horrid TV/movie license games but have made some good none TV/Movie license games so perhaps they thrive on not having to make cash in titles. The sequel will feature improved gameplay, new environments and animals that weren't in the first game.

16.jpg
8.jpg
18.jpg

Homie Rollerz

Region: North America Genre: Chav Racing
Developer: Webfoot Technologies Publisher: Destineer

Ah Destineer, you are down there with DSI, how many more crap games must you force onto us? Ok I'm judging it before playing it so lets talk about this. Each character has his or her own back story & tracks. The single player mode focuses around the Wizard Circuit, a series of racers hosted by an old, wise Homie. Apparently Wizard is not just a nickname, as the winner of the circuit gets a wish granted. You can "pimp" your vehicle if you wish but you will need to raise your "respect" meter to do so, which you can do by either winning races in single player or in multiplayer. In the videos the game looks kinda plain, boring and the way the cars move look stupid which is a shame as I wanted a decent new racer. The developer did the "not bad actually" Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku II; the awful Dragon Ball Z: Taiketsu, Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury (both GBA) and the really really bad Texas Hold 'Em: Poker Pack (DS). According to Destineers website this will be out on the 5th.

Video Link

2000866756961385149_rs.jpg

Also out in North American territories is more shovelware like Puppy Palace from Ubisoft and yet another pet game Paws & Claws Pet Resort from shit mongers THQ.

Tokutenryoku Gakushuu DS

Region: Japan Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Benesse Publisher: Benesse

You people moan about what shovelware you get, spare a thought for the Japanese! Sure they get all the RPG's you want but to be honest, (according to a Japanese friend of mine) most of those are below average They get these really cheap ass titles, titles that are just maps, titles that list wine and titles like these EIGHTEEN titles that could easily fit on one cart and SHOULD fit on one cart but don't as the publisher wants to rip people off so deep breath here are the subtitle of all 18 games: Chuu-1 Eigo, Chuu-2 Eigo, Chuu-3 Eigo, Chuu-1 Eisuukoku Pack, Chuu-2 Eisuukoku, Chuu-1 Kokugo, Chuu-2 Kokugo, Chuu-3 Kokugo, Chuu-1 Suugaku, Chuu-2 Suugaku, Chuu-3 Suugaku, Chuu-3 Eisuukoku Koumin Pack, Chuugaku Chireki Rika Pack, Chuugaku Chiri, Chuugaku Koumin, Chuugaku Rekishi, Chuugaku Rika 1 Bunya, Chuugaku Rika 2 Bunya. Can't be bothered to get screens and vids for all of these but some of you will know what they'll look like as most of these have already been in videogame form on the DS.

7th Febuary

L: The Prologue to Death Note - Rasen no Wana

Region: Japan Genre: Adventure
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

According to my Japanese friend (hey second mention!), Death Note: Kira Game is pretty good but the one after was really really terrible. The events in this game prelude Death Note and you get to play as a younger L cracking a case in a run down hotel. You play L and you battle other characters with words and diffusing traps on the touch screen.

Video Link

ME0000895400_2.jpg
ME0000895401_2.jpg

Also out is Patto Tokueru: Indo Suugaku Drill.

8th January

Pic Pic

Region: Europe Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Success Publisher: 505 Games

Like Picross? Well this is the same. In Japan this was released as Pic Pic: Toku to E ni Naru 3-tsu no Puzzle, should be good to play as I can't see how they can mess this game up unless the puzzles are stupidly easy. Screens are of the Japanese version and according to 505 Games website this will be released on the 8th.

ME0000821637_2.jpg
ME0000808300_2.jpg
ME0000821638_2.jpg

Professor Kageyama's Maths Training: The Hundred Cell Calculation Method

Region: Europe Genre: Maths game
Developer: Shogakukan Publisher: Nintendo

Nintendo's latest training title, which in Japan was called DS Kageyama Method: Masu x Masu Pure Hyaku Masu Keisan - Hyaku Masu no Maeni Kore Dayo and had nothing to do with Nintendo at all but they obviously liked it and brought the game for release in the west. Basically its the same as the Brain Training games but youonly do maths. No date for the US release but this WILL be released on the 8th as it says so in the adverts on the telly here.

Video Link

2000134890016479663_rs.jpg

Wii

7th Febuary

Oneechanbara Revolution

Region: Japan Genre: Action Slasher
Developer: D3 Publisher: D3 Publisher

So its chicks slashing the fudge out of zombies...sweet. It looks quite fun, repetitive but fun and fairly pretty too. I hope it comes out over here but I doubt it, the 360 one hasn't anyway. Check out the video.

Video Link

Click for a bigger image:

Also out in Japan is:
Major Wii Nagero! Gyroball

There are more Wii releases in the "muti-format" bit at the bottom, but they don't look good.

PSP

February 5th

Downstream Panic!

Region: North America Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Eko Software Publisher: Atari

Only one new game sadly for the PSP. In Downstream Panic, all the world’s fish have been blasted into the Earth’s atmosphere by a fierce cyclone, it is up to the player to guide the fish on their earthbound descent using a variety of tools. Of course, there are predators, treacherous landscapes and other impediments vying for your fishy friends as well, and it is your job to protect them from these obtrusive obstacles. Might try this one, it looks nice and sounds different. Is it me or does this scream "WIIMAKE".

Video Link

Click on thumbnails to enlarge:

And now to Tjas for the PC releases:

PC

February 4th

Sins of a Solar Empire

Region: North America Genre: Real time Strategy
Developer: Ironclad Games Publisher: Stardock

The goals of Sins of a Solar Empire are to try to conquer dozens of worlds and manage hundreds of ships in real time. This sounds like an impossible task and it is.. But leaving that little fact out the developer Ironclad Games made the game anyway. The developer states that their upcoming game Sins of a Solar Empire looks like an elegant take on space strategy. Sins features real-time game play that ranges from gargantuan space battles to management of an interstellar empire.

Video Link

Carrier Strike Force

Region: North America Genre: Jet Simulation
Developer: Abacus Software Publisher: Abacus Software

Its an add- on for Microsoft Flight Simulator X features missions that begin and end on a massive aircraft carrier.

Febuary 5th

Spaceforce: Captains

Region: North America Genre: Turn Based Strategy
Developer: Provox Games Publisher: DreamCatcher Interactive

Wrangle for control of the galaxy by developing a space station and producing a fleet to engage in turn-based battles for supremacy.

Video Link

Merv Griffins Crossword

Region: North America Genre: Crossword
Developer: Elephant Entertainment Publisher: Elephant Entertainment

Well it looks like a ds release! But no.. it’s a pc crossword puzzle.. You can test your wits with these crossword puzzles. Yeey

20 Questions

Region: North America Genre: Quiz
Developer: Elephant Entertainment Publisher: Elephant Entertainment

And this is from the same developpers as the Merv Griffin’s crosswords.. both games probably fitted on the same disc.. but now they can sell 2 separate games for the full price!
biggrin.gif
What can you do in the game? You can test your wits in the PC version of the classic guessing game. Yeey

There are more PC games in the "Multiformat" bit at the bottom. And now over to VVoltz for the rest of the releases, Tajas wrote about Turok.

PS2

February 5th

Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power

Region: North America Genre: Real Time Strategy / Feudal Simulator
Developer: KOEI Publisher: KOEI

This is somewhat a brother title of the "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" games, the main difference is the setting, this one is about Feudal Japan, other difference include the fact that this is actually the first title of the series in 10 years that reaches US soil. Seeing your empire grow is now performed in Real Time, just like the battles. If it goes well, the depth of the battles can be overwhelmed. Off course, that also depends on your strategy as a wanna be Emperor. Expect updated graphics and a lot of micromanagment. As a side note, GBAtemp crew members are thinking about making people play this game instead of banning them from the forums. Screens are the Japanese version.

Video Link

Twisted Metal: Head On: Extra Twisted Edition

Region: North America Genre: Car Combat
Developer: Eat, Sleep, Play Publisher: SCE

This game is actually two in one (note at the 2 ':' characters on the title). PSP players may remember Twisted Metal: Head On, the car combat launch game that was actually pretty decent on features and a lot reminiscent of the second game (most say best, next to Black). The remake includes a little better textures and... that's it. The biggest thing is the Extra Twisted content: namely new levels and characters from the never released Twisted Metal: Black 2. Also, there is a new Sweet Tooth minigame where you control the psycho clown to actually (hopefully) butcher people and unlock a lot of extra content about the series. This, is how ports should be made, bring on the extra content baby!

Video Link

February 7th

Dengeki SP: Shakugan no Shana

Region: Japan Genre: Action
Developer: Media Works Publisher: Media Works ?

A game about the life a of a paraplegic ex writer that is challenged by a middle age crisis and his life on a former soviet union country; to be released only in Japan. One of those two last comments is false. (wtf? -Hadrian)

Princess Maker 5

Region: Japan Genre: Princess Advisor Simulator
Developer: CyberFront Publisher: Gainax ?

From Wikipedia:
Princess Maker 5 is the newest Princess Maker title. This version has been set to play in Modern Japan. It is different from previous series in that: the player can play as a mother or a father; in the setting of the game, there are multiple worlds. The setting is presumably in modern Japan. Player's daughter is a girl from a royal heritage. However, the family was all killed, and Cube saved the player's daughter and requested the player to take care of the daughter until she reaches the age of 18. So the player journey to fatherhood/motherhood starts...

There are more PS2 games in the "Multiformat" bit at the bottom.

Xbox 360

February 5th

Culdcept SAGA

Region: North America Genre: Card Game
Developer: Namco Publisher: Namco

A card game. Like Eye of Judgement it is also about controlling areas, only here you advance with a dice. Think Mario Party meets Magic with full Xbox Live support. The concept seems pretty interesting, although most of the time, Card Based video games are really interesting. What is new about this one is that it is actually for 2, 3 or 4 players. Have some faith on this one card players.

Video Link

February 8th

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements

Region: Europe Genre: First Person RPG
Developer: Arkane Studios Publisher: Ubisoft

The first Might and Magic game not developed from 3DO (named M&M: Dark Messiah) was a good attempt, but not an excellent one (I really liked it -Hadrian). The game used the Source engine to face the player huge boss fights, interesting enough puzzles and the very popular finish moves. This port is suppose to include slight additions from the PC version, namely a new lock-on feature, four exclusive levels and Downloadable Content on Live.

Video Link

There are more 360 games in the "Multiformat" bit next.

Multi-platform

February 1st

Conflict: Denied Ops
(PS3, 360, PC)

Region: Europe Genre: FPS
Developer: Pivotal Games Publisher: Eidos Interactive

The forth Conflict game. This one gets rid of Bradley and Co. and puts you in the shoes of a couple of Cover Ops Lang & Graves in the heart of a Venezuelan conspiracy. Playing as only two guys is somewhat disappointing given the 4-men army of previous titles, although there seems to be a lot of strategy for players as well as a new online coop mode. What this title offers is action, raw and rude; just blow out everything until you get to the end of the level. On a side note, I've read a comment about this game: "The Call of Duty 4 of the poor man".

Video Link

February 5th

Devil May Cry 4
(PS3, 360, PC)

Region: North America Genre: Beat-em-up Action
Developer: Capcom Publisher: Capcom

Before Kratos, there was Dante. Namely called the coolest videogame character ever created (LIES! Mr Nutz is much cooler! -Hadrian), Dante this time is joined by Nero, who, strangely enough looks a lot like him. For those who never played the Devil May Cry games, just imagine the cool God of War action with clever puzzles very much a-la Resident Evil. While I thought the story was actually a prequel of the second and third iterations, I'm not so sure anymore. What I'm sure is that this game kicks some serious ass, and the only thing better to slash and then shoot a couple of demons is actually looking at the incredible scenarios, the art direction (as usual on the whole series) is superb. BTW, the PSN/Live demo was released on Jan 24, so go grab it now!

Video Link

Turok
(PS3 & PC, 360 version already released)

Region: North America Genre: Beat-em-up Action
Developer: Propaganda Games Publisher: Touchstone

The plot, it's clear that Joseph Turok and a number of his colleagues from the Whiskey Company elite commando team have become separated after crash-landing on a planet where they're supposed to be going after a guy named Roland Kane. Funded by the Mendel-Gruman Corporation, Kane has established a number of bases and research facilities on the planet and also commands the sizeable military force tasked with protecting them. Turok and his colleagues become separated as a result of the aforementioned crash and so, as you progress through the game, you'll be reunited with (and maybe even lose) some of them. Joseph Turok travels to a planet populated by soldiers, dinosaurs, and other vicious creatures that mean him harm in order to take down a war criminal. Vid and screens are of the PS3 version.

Video Link

Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore
(PS2, 360, Wii)

Region: North America Genre: Singy type game
Developer: Blitz Games Publisher: Konami

40 new songs for all of you Sanjaya wanna-bes! They say it features a new voice recognition "engine" but since I never played a Karaoke Revolution game, I don't know. (I think I'll butt in -Hadrian) It features such songs as "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden (really?) which is great and "Your Beautiful" by James Blunt (vomit) which is possibly the worst song ever made and I hate James Blunt and his horrible ratty smug face and if I ever see him I will tear his throat out so he'll never record again. Apparently the game has "proprietary technology accurately recognizes and scores vocal pitch and rhythm", "new and improved commentary from and interaction between all 3 judges" & "create even more unique looks for your contestant with a variety of new accessories". Shite for me but I guess it'll appeal to others out there and it also lets you play with 8 other people and you can do duets. Game includes Microphone. Sorry no pics or videos 'cos I suck.

The Spiderwick Chronicles
(360, PS2, PS3 & PC. Wii version already released.)

Region: North America Genre: Movie Game
Developer: Stormfront Studios Publisher: Sierra

A game based on a movie based on a book based on myths. Sounds good to me! Well, since the main character is actually a boy, don't expect too many chaos and destruction. The only good thing is that Stormfront Studios was responsible for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone and Eragon... well since Eragon was mediocre as hell maybe this is not such a good thing. Screens are of the 360 version.

The Club
(PS3, 360, PC)

Region: Europe Genre: Third Person Shooter
Developer: Bizarre Creations Publisher: Sega

The first game of Sega's newly owned Bizarre Creations (of Project Gotham Racing fame). PGR featured a "Kudos" system that rewarded the player on the style of gameplay rather than just the position of races, The Club actually works the same way, style killing is a lot more rewarding than a brutal barrage of bullets blindly fired. Cheesy-named characters fight for their lives on very interesting (fresh?) gameplay modes like Speedrun and Time Attack, more than 6 locations and full online support make this game an interesting bet for action fans. While the game won't make you "wow" the first time you see it, it will definitely hook you with some cool explosions, particle effects and a good atmosphere. Oh, and one more thing, gossip says that Bizarre Creations is actually taking care of the new Bond game, so also think of this game as a portal for future things to come! Screens are of the PS3 version while the vid is erm dunno.

Video Link

And thats your lot! Any Wii owners wishing that they also had a PS3/360? Thanks to VVoltz & Tajas for their help.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hmm, only Assassin's creed that's looking good for me :/
well, got loads of games since last year to play anyway. that will do it
smile.gif

Oh, also, thank you Hadrian for keeping this list up each week!
Much appreciated.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I like what you've done here Hadrian.

Now instead of going to other sources for PSP and 360 releases, I can get them all in one place. Oh yes, I shouldn't forget VVoltz and Tjas as well.

Very good work guys
smile.gif

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you thought the ds was bad when it comes to shovelware then look at the pc :Pas there is no license they have to pay and basically anyone with a bit of funding can release a game!

Thanks for the wisdom hadrian
tongue.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice job there Hadrian, VVolts & Tjas!

Just a note.. the PC version of DMC4 was delayed.. don't know the correct date now... :/

Since I have only a DS and a Wii (and a old PC), only thing I'm interested there is Assassin's Creed DS..

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great list guys! Much thanks to Hadrian, VVoltz, and tjas!

Not much I'm interested in this week, but I love being able to see the consolidated releases across platforms. I hope you guys keep it up!
grog.gif

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really liked the old release threads Hadrian, but I LOVE the new release thread with all the consoles.

I appreciate this must mean a bunch of work on your end so massive
grog.gif
's to you my man!

On the releases nothing really appeals to me that much, Turok was looking interesting but now it's out it looks very bland.

P

pasc

OMG they delayed Nanostray 2 AGAIN !
cry.gif

Assassins Creed may help me to wait for N2.

Anyway, I hope you can make seperat DS Wii and PC PSP PS3/Xbox 360 Threads again, cause my eyes burn from those much images and dates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv