Vicarious Visions merges with Blizzard and is reportedly working on 'Diablo II' Remake

vicarious visions.jpg
As GamesIndustry.biz reports, Activision Blizzard has merged Vicarious Visions with its Blizzard side of things to have the studio's 200-ish team "fully dedicated to existing Blizzard games and initiatives". Vicarious Visions' recent works include developing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and the remake for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2.

Following this merger news, Bloomberg reported that, according to "people familiar with the plans" who asked not to be identified, Vicarious Visions "has been working with Blizzard since last year on the Diablo franchise, including a planned remake of Diablo II". When asked for a comment by Bloomberg, a Blizzard spokesperson only confirmed that Vicarious Visions “has been working with Blizzard for some time.”

:arrow: SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The news implies VV no longer exists and its developers will be working exclusively on "Blizzard" titles going forward. I don't think it's a stretch to assume that means they're not going to work on titles that have historically not been associated with the Blizzard brand in the past.
Fair enough, that does seem to be the implication. I read it more as a "foreseeable future" type of deal though. After all, there are only so many games Blizzard has which might benefit from a remaster/remake.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 11 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I not sure if Blizzard make Diablo 2 look better or worse than original version for Windows 95 to Windows XP. I played old Diablo 2 on Windows XP long time ago but game is just good RPG. It getting little bored for me when I get used for many hours on Diablo 2 game on computer. I heard about WarCraft 3 remaster, that many people are complain on it. They said not good news about remaster of game from Blizzard. :(

I heard Blizzard company did put end support to StarCraft 2. If anyone plan to make StarCraft 3 but Activision Blizzard refuse approve it and just ignore new StarCraft game in near future. Activision Blizzard said done with RTS game. That's very sad news for StarCraft fans. :(

I saw on news about StarCraft and WarCraft 3 developers are leaving Activision Blizzard to joined other new game company call Frost Giant Studios. It will be custom made into new game from both StarCraft and WarCraft 3 games into one together. There will be a lot of new campaigns, missions, battle, etc in new game in near future when it come to release out anytime soon. I can't wait what have new features and tons stuffs for new game from Frost Giant Studios. :)

NNate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta try and milk that nostalgia money. Not going to end well given Blizzard's remake history sadly

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How long it takes to remake an old game, I mean it should take less time to remake D2 since all screen scripts and plot are already written.

NNate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they're doing anything beyond possibly upgrading graphics. New items, skill trees, etc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: y