Verizon NDSMail

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pokemondawg2, Jun 4, 2011.

Jun 4, 2011

Verizon NDSMail by pokemondawg2 at 8:12 PM (547 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. pokemondawg2
    OP

Newcomer pokemondawg2 Newbie

United States
    How do I set up a Verizon Account in NDSMail? [​IMG]

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Using an ISP email account....... all I will say on the matter is at least get yourself a domain (they are really cheap these days) to use as a forwarder so it does not cause too much hassle when you leave verizon.

By the looks of http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/h...nsone/86782.htm (and it appears to be the same for FIOS)

Incoming mail server (POP3): incoming.verizon.net
    Outgoing mail server (SMTP): outgoing.verizon.net
    Outgoing Server Port Number: 587
    Your Verizon Online user name (I guess this is a email address type thing)
    Your Verizon Online password

I am shocked at the last two- they usually provide you the options of a couple of email addresses but if you use ISP you take your chances I guess.
    They provide no word on authentication/levels of protection required and a casual scan says little/none so I am guessing there is nothing special done (not brilliant for the security inclined individual but should be nicer for NDSmail).
    I assume the verizon pop3 port is 110 like most (many use others but they will tend to note it)

http://www.ds-xtra.com/NDSMail has a bunch on NDSmail.
    You edit the config.xml file.
    Still it will probably come out looking something like
    For the sake of making it look nicer I will be using pokemondawg2@verizon.net as the username of choice. PM me and I will change it if this troubles you.

CODE

ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
    ÂÂÂÂ

Be aware picking up email from the DS will run the risk of deleting it from the server (pop3 tends to do that unless your server settings are set to something else- usually via a webmail options menu).