Verizon Fios Questions

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone here, a Verizon Fios customer? I'm supposed to be switching from Xfinity to Fios on Friday but right now I'm having some reservations. The big one is whether or not I'll be able to bring my cable modem into the mix. I would appreciate any info I can grab from the lovely minds at this forum, Thanks in advance.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just switched from Fios, so there's a lot of bias on my end. We probably would've kept using them if I hadn't let the bill ballooned to something outrageous. Looking at their deals, I think it was the right thing, because it reached a point where only the internet was used, and nobody utilized the TV. They don't seem to have a cheap internet only deal, they're all about the bundles. Right now with RCN, same download speeds (upload's significantly lower), the bill is much lower. Granted, it's just the internet, but I feel like their pricing for just the internet, contract included because without a contract they charge more, it'd be maybe $70. This bill is about $25 less.

Also, having used RCN before, I never got copyright strikes, and Verizon, along with Comcast adhered to that bullshit 6 strike thing, forcing me to get a VPN. But I do find use in the VPN even still, but basically I don't have to do it every time to get certain things online (downloadable movies mainly). That being said, no matter the internet, I've learned that I should get my own router, renting turns out more costly in the long run. So, that's something to plan for this year. From what I read, Comcast is shit, more notably to me is their copyright strikes and sniffing around I think is more stingy than Verizon, so, nah with them. I hope Verizon works out for you, we had them for over 2 years, so that's saying something. Not the best, frankly I want Google Fiber but it's not available in this area, so RCN is the next best thing. Smaller and more region based, I think that's more approachable and overall better. I think we switched out of RCN because of TV, limiting, but now that nobody watches TV here, it serves as the right ISP for us currently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: