Gaming VC Save States on Emulator: Can I play Zelda Majora's Mask on emulator for where I left off

CIsor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I'm playing a lot of emulated SNES & N64 on my phone as I can't get near the TV these days, apparently "reality TV is what the TV is for" and "you can play games anytime; this is on now" it's a battle I've lost :(.

Anyway, I would like to finally finish Majoras Mask. I have a 80% (ish) complete game on the Wii and I'd like to find the save data to see if it can be transferred to an emulator.

For clarity, I'm not expecting to take a in game save snapshot (I forget if VC does this) and transfer it. I'm talking about the data that would originally have been saved in battery backed RAM on the cart. I think it's called ".srm " files in the SNES Emu world.

Any one know if this is possible?

I have, of course, got a full Wii file syatem dump to take these from.

Any help gratefully recieved!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Hi All,

I'm playing a lot of emulated SNES & N64 on my phone as I can't get near the TV these days, apparently "reality TV is what the TV is for" and "you can play games anytime; this is on now" it's a battle I've lost :(.

Anyway, I would like to finally finish Majoras Mask. I have a 80% (ish) complete game on the Wii and I'd like to find the save data to see if it can be transferred to an emulator.

For clarity, I'm not expecting to take a in game save snapshot (I forget if VC does this) and transfer it. I'm talking about the data that would originally have been saved in battery backed RAM on the cart. I think it's called ".srm " files in the SNES Emu world.

Any one know if this is possible?

I have, of course, got a full Wii file syatem dump to take these from.

Any help gratefully recieved!

using Emulator or VC?

CIsor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
using Emulator or VC?

Emulator. Taking save state from VC and loading from it on emulator.

I acn't help you, but I'm intruiged to know which phone emulates Majora's well enough that you want to finish the game on it?

Samsung Galaxy S2. I haven't actually tried MM on it yet. Only game I've played is Super Mario 64 and thats seems to run fine.
Have you tried MM and found it unplayable?
I might give up if it's guaranteed to be crappy :)

jagotu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What he's trying to do is this:

Save from Wii VC MM -----Some Magic------> Android emulator

But I don't know if it's possible...

CIsor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What he's trying to do is this:

Save from Wii VC MM -----Some Magic------> Android emulator

But I don't know if it's possible...

Nice summary jagotu, that's exactly right. I don't seem to have been very clear about what I was trying to achieve!

I'm guessing I need to go digging in here:
Code:
/title/00010001/4E415250

Just wondered if anyone had already done the ground work.

I'm _hoping_ that the "Some Magic" step will be as simple as just copying the file. I wouldn't expect Nintendo to have rewritten the save mechanism for the VC release, but simply to be dumping it to file rather than ram

jagotu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should work like this:
1. Use SaveGame Manager GX to extract the savedata you want to SDCard
2. Make a blank save file in your emulator (eg. "Majora's Mask.sav")
3. Replace your save from step 2 with the "savedata.bin" from the first step
4. ...
5. PROFIT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back