VC (Nes) games by BigBlueBox

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by phanteon, Jul 23, 2014.

1. phanteon
    OP

phanteon GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2013
    United States
    Code:

| 23/07/2014 | NFO | Ice.Climber.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                                |
    | 23/07/2014 | NFO | Wrecking.Crew.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                              |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | Zelda.II.The.Adventure.of.Link.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                              |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | Yoshi.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                                      |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | The.Legend.of.Zelda.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                        |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | Super.Mario.Bros.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                            |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | NES.Open.Tournament.Golf.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                    |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | Metroid.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                                    |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | Donkey.Kong.Jr.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox                                                              |
    | 22/07/2014 | NFO | Balloon.Fight.NES.VC.USA.3DS-BigBlueBox  
    Ok, this was a particular wave coming from BBB.
    Has anyone tried them? .CIA or .3DS?

2. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Hmm... Seems they are under the 3DS format. Let's see if someone actually manages to make it work.

3. DarkKnightPT

DarkKnightPT GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2014
    all of them worked with me on my MT-Card, pokedex 3d also works :)

Warft likes this.
  4. yuyuyup

yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 30, 2006
    United States
    USA MTN timezone
    now the Pokedex 3d is ripped

5. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    OK, my question is: what is the best way to trim VC titles? They are CARD2, okay. Do they work if I change them to CARD1 and then trim. How do I do that?

6. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    By trying it and figuring it out instead of wanting others to do all the work for you.

IronClouds likes this.
  7. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Thanks for a cocky response. That really helped.

I changed ROMs to CARD1 by using R4i Gold tool and then trimmed them. That did not work.
    Card2RomTrimTool does not work with VC titles, AFAIK, I tried.
    Maybe there is some other method that I didn't heard of. That’s why I asked. I’m not into HEX editing, because I’m kinda HEX-stupid. That would be hell of a useless work if I begin figuring out layouts for nothing.

TheDreamLord and Huntereb like this.
  8. DarkKnightPT

May 18, 2014
    I don't think you can trim them, its kinda like 3dz roms :\

9. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    False. You can trim 3dz roms. Trim as 3ds then rename to 3dz.

octopus likes this.
  10. Rinnux

Rinnux GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2010
    United States
    Why would you want to trim these? They aren't very big.

11. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Because I don't want to have 124 MB of empty data for files of 4 MB.

TheDreamLord and cearp like this.
  12. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.

Banned
    Apr 4, 2014
    United States
    Can be trimmed. Search for mario bros 3 trim.

EDIT: One more hint. Add 64mb to your search as a keyword

13. DarkKnightPT

May 18, 2014
    some of 3dz that I trimmed didn't boot, but I have 64gb micro sdhx card so its not a big deal to me :)

14. Zamzummin

Zamzummin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2013
    Canada
    If you're trying to find a way to get them to work on a R4i Gold Deluxe card, unfortunately they don't.
    See here http://gbatemp.net/threads/list-eshop-released-titles-compatibility.364817/page-4#post-5053822

15. crea

crea GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2013
    Lesotho

I am interested as well. There is no answer searching these mentioned keywords in google. Could you be so generous and give the answer directly?

16. zhdarkstar

zhdarkstar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    You won't find it easily on google because the answer's found using this site's own search. He was likely referring to the method first mentioned in this post: http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-mario-bros-deluxe-eur-vc-3ds-internal-bigbluebox.364484/page-4#post-4966420

Unfortunately, that thread is also the birthplace of Card2RomTrimTool, which did not work as octopus had mentioned. However, it could be due to user error that the trimming isn't working, as octopus admitted to not being knowledgeable in hex editing.

That's about all of the information that I can give you about this, as I have yet to try trimming these roms myself. Hope that it helped you out. Not everyone here thinks showing others where to go is akin to doing all of the work, as you still have to parse the information for yourself and apply it. Progress is made by building off the past, not starting from scratch every time.

17. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    ok so i noticed that BBB has dumped the ambassador cert , so will this be useful when GW finally releases their new 7x encryption FW and we can get back on to the eshop?

18. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Nope, just for looking cool on the playground. It was more of a "here comes the ambassador games" release, since the NES VCs were released a day or say later.

19. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    so does this mean the GBA VC games are coming soon too ,hmm

20. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    Well, if savedata is 64 MB, you just should use command for this tool http://gbatemp.net/threads/super-mario-bros-deluxe-eur-vc-3ds-internal-bigbluebox.364484/page-4#post-4966420 “Card2RomTrimTool xxxxx.3ds 64” (without quotes) after saving once within the game. Maybe you should create a savestate too. I have not tried it, but I guess it should work. Maybe savedata size should be bigger, but try 64 MB first.
    For me it kinda defeats the purpose of trimming. 68 MB data for 64 MB game is still kind of an overkill. I wish it could be converted to CARD 1.