Hacking VC download issue, and what of 4.3U?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, a two-parter...
  • I remember way back I used to have I guess an injected wad that allowed me to play Smash Brothers via the n64 Virtual Console. Well, fast-forward to more recently when Club Nintendo was doing a promotion and I had enough points at the time to get the VC of Smash Brothers n64 legit. Now, I did get the redemption and my account shows I have it available to me, which is good. Checking the SD card I currently use on my Wii, I can't find any trace that I still have that modded wad installed... yet every single time that I try to download the legit Smash Brothers release, I get an error code... but when I try to run that AnyTitle Deleter, i can't find a trace or code for the prior install of Smash Brothers anywhere. So, what should I do so I can go ahead and actually install the legit one? I don't have the installer wad for the hacked one anymore :(
  • On another note, I've yet to run any of the nand emulator stuff out there with my Wii, simply because thankfully the 512MB of internal storage has been enough for everything I've done with the system, and most saves I could transfer to the SD card fine (a few games notwithstanding)... But that being said, lately it seems I'm almost always struggling for space. My Wii is still on 4.2U... would updating (via ModMii for instance) to 4.3U help recover some of that space? Or is there a way to basically 'clean up' the space on the bog-standard Wii?
    • And if for instance the recommendation is to use a nand-emu, what route would be most like the standard method for how the Wii works, and be the strongest for compatibility? It is the issue of compatibility that has kept me running with the real NAND for as long as I have.
Once again, I thank the fellow tempers for any useful contributions and advice that may be provided. :grog:

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried installing on the wii system its self also did you inject the wad yourself cause im pretty sure theres a legit smash bros wad out there. Did you also uninstall the wad to remove the traces.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried installing on the wii system its self also did you inject the wad yourself cause im pretty sure theres a legit smash bros wad out there. Did you also uninstall the wad to remove the traces.
Well, you do kinda have to install it to play it... and yea, at the time, I had to install to the Wii system, then transferred to the SD card. Problem is now, I can't find what I gotta delete so that I can install the genuine Smash Brothers from Nintendo.

If I remember correctly, I uninstalled the channel/wad through the bog-standard Wii's manager system before trying to download the legit one.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you do kinda have to install it to play it... and yea, at the time, I had to install to the Wii system, then transferred to the SD card. Problem is now, I can't find what I gotta delete so that I can install the genuine Smash Brothers from Nintendo.

If I remember correctly, I uninstalled the channel/wad through the bog-standard Wii's manager system before trying to download the legit one.
Well does this happen with only that game when downloading or did you update the shop channel through a wad file and is the game still on the sd card or no. And updating by mod mii wont delete any thing i think.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest re-installing the Smash bros wad, then deleting it, that way, with the install (this is all theoretical) it should overwrite any previous install of that game, then you should be able to find it with the any title deleter, and then you should be able to install your legit copy. lots of "should's" but I think its within good reason to work. hope this helps.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updating to 4.3U will not help you save spaces (on the contrary, it will update your system files which will take more spaces on your NAND).
To clean up the space, deletes content on your NAND : save games, channels, unused cIOS (be careful). Mii and message board spaces are insignificant.

The EmuNAND with better compatibility is *neek (sneek/Uneek/Neek2o)

it's a full copy of your console's internal data stored on SD or USB.
Then the Wii (re)boot using your SD/USB instead of the internal NAND chipset as if it was the real one.
As a result you have a full real-like Wii system menu but with more spaces/blocks, and it allows Wii/GC Games mounting from your storage device too.

To make one, you can either make a dump of your own Wii (it will keep all your settings, channels, save data, Mii, etc.), or create a clean new EmuNAND using ModMii.
ModMii will create all you need easily.

The other EmuNAND Mode is an hybrid one :
USBLoaders/ChannelLoaders are launch from Real NAND and use the RealNAND's cIOS to redirect NAND call to SD/USB.
This is the easiest method, but not the most compatible.
use the USBLoader to create a dump of your NAND, use the USBLoader to install the channels on EmuNAND, use the USBLoader to play them.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, I tried re-downloaded the injected Smash Bros. Installing and then Uninstalling via the Wii's channel delete.

Yet again, I am still with the same problem. I keep getting an error code every time I try to download my legit Smash Bros. download... it won't even start before throwing up the error.

So what the heck do I do there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1