V1 unpatched Banned randomly?

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
So i had a v1 unpatched laying around. I think,from what i remember, i only did heckate on it, maybe built the emummc but that was all.
I recently did a system update to 16.1 on it. I forgot how to do the explot on it (i was not holding vol power), and i ended up thinking that my card got corrupted somehow, so i loaded other sd cards into it. I got a message at some point complaining that the sd needs to be formatted bla bla bla (so until now ive been power cycling it and trying different sd's).
So to sum it up.
Switch was unbanned 2 days ago (i think it was unbanned because i was able to system update OFW,never really checked it)
loaded up some sd cards into it
now its banned.
Do keep in mind i have dns on all my sd cards(i literally copy paste so no way i did not have them,plus i never booted heckate since the system update,aka since it was unbanned)
I barely touched it, personally i never installed a game on it.

What went wrong?Why is it banned?

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You did something and cant remember, you wouldn't get banned for no reason
captain obvious liked your post.
Im trying to find out what was the thing that got it banned. Since i havent done games on it, and i also have dns on all emummc

• Haha
Reactions: nWo

captain_obvious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to find out what was the thing that got it banned. Since i havent done games on it, and i also have dns on all emummc
Perhaps someone you live with and doesn't know what they're doing used your Switch while you weren't around.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did more than just install hekate.

You installed some sort of nsp.
Installing ANY nsp will get you flagged for a ban. If anything was on your main menu that isn't a legit Nintendo game that you own, you're going to get banned.
Changing your avatar can do it, cheating in games can do it.
Having played a pirated game and deleting it and then going online will do it.

As for DNS, I assume you mean DNS.mitm since just changing your DNS in internet settings is in the system and not in your sd card. Are you sure it's even set correctly?

Your issue isn't that you got banned, the issue is you weren't blocking yourself from Nintendo correctly. DNS.mitm and exosphere are how you should be blocking yourself.

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You did more than just install hekate.

You installed some sort of nsp.

Installing ANY nsp will get you flagged for a ban. If anything was on your main menu that isn't a legit Nintendo game that you own, you're going to get banned.
Changing your avatar can do it, cheating in games can do it.
Having played a pirated game and deleting it and then going online will do it.

As for DNS, I assume you mean DNS.mitm since just changing your DNS in internet settings is in the system and not in your sd card. Are you sure it's even set correctly?

Your issue isn't that you got banned, the issue is you weren't blocking yourself from Nintendo correctly. DNS.mitm and exosphere are how you should be blocking yourself.
im talking about 90dns. the txt file that works with atmosphere. Is that not the way to do it? It blocks all console logs from sending to nintendo servers+ accesing any of their servers

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
im talking about 90dns. the txt file that works with atmosphere. Is that not the way to do it? It blocks all console logs from sending to nintendo servers+ accesing any of their servers
90dns isn't the same as the txt file.

You need to have the txt file in the right place and also have the correct name.

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
90dns isn't the same as the txt file.

You need to have the txt file in the right place and also have the correct name.
yeah you re right i just noticed its not called like this. So i followed this guide.
1695152665259.png

1695152759946.png

SDD=a folder where i keep a copy of what needs to be on the sdcard on a fresh install in case the SD card gets corrupted

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
system_settings.ini - what does this one say?

EDIT: Also those host files look odd. Not sure what guide that is but looks very strange
EDIT2: I noticed that was a log file they showed. Ignore.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah you re right i just noticed its not called like this. So i followed this guide.View attachment 394772
View attachment 394773
SDD=a folder where i keep a copy of what needs to be on the sdcard on a fresh install in case the SD card gets corrupted
DNS blocking can sometimes never work. The best way to keep yourself safe from a console ban is by being offline ALL of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste