kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-p{3} said:
omgmog said:
ShadowEO said:
The point was not to be an actual bitTorrent client, but a remote that controls a bittorrent client being run on a computer, actually read the whole thread if your gonna engage in conversation. We already established that the dswifi libraries and hardware are too slow for any practical torrent downloading, therefore we are looking at alternatives such as maybe a Homebrew uTorrent Remote that hooks into the Web API and looks I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, LOOKS!!! like uTorrent, but is NOT uTorrent, just a program interacting with the uTorrent on your COMPUTER!!! Now that we're all caught up.... Any suggestions on how one should go about this. I've already figured out the HTTP request that would be required of libNDS's getHttp function. (Yes I am going to attempt, but no promises... I'm a very lazy person when I'm not in the mood to code.)

well in that case, there is already a webui for utorrent, which in theory you could use from the nintendo browser, and I'm pretty sure there are already vnc clients/desktop viewer apps for the ds.
Actually uTorrent use AJAX programming, and the Nintendo DS Browser cannot interpret it. Soory, but it's not possible to control uTorrent over the DS. rtorrent over SSH is however a possibility.
I know that the DSi's ds browser supports ajax :3

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m-p{3} said:
omgmog said:
ShadowEO said:
The point was not to be an actual bitTorrent client, but a remote that controls a bittorrent client being run on a computer, actually read the whole thread if your gonna engage in conversation. We already established that the dswifi libraries and hardware are too slow for any practical torrent downloading, therefore we are looking at alternatives such as maybe a Homebrew uTorrent Remote that hooks into the Web API and looks I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH, LOOKS!!! like uTorrent, but is NOT uTorrent, just a program interacting with the uTorrent on your COMPUTER!!! Now that we're all caught up.... Any suggestions on how one should go about this. I've already figured out the HTTP request that would be required of libNDS's getHttp function. (Yes I am going to attempt, but no promises... I'm a very lazy person when I'm not in the mood to code.)

well in that case, there is already a webui for utorrent, which in theory you could use from the nintendo browser, and I'm pretty sure there are already vnc clients/desktop viewer apps for the ds.
Actually uTorrent use AJAX programming, and the Nintendo DS Browser cannot interpret it. Soory, but it's not possible to control uTorrent over the DS. rtorrent over SSH is however a possibility.
I would really like to know where you get your information from m-p{3} because uTorrent does not use AJAX Programming, the default webUI does, which can be changed to a non-AJAX WebUI, also it is possible to control uTorrent over the DS with calls straight to the WebAPI, make a few pages that output info about a torrent that can be parsed into a table along with pages that start, stop or pause downloads. Also to burst your bubble.. Look up uTorrentMUI and tell me that's AJAX, there is no tags within that anywhere! Now, please go and spill your misinformation elsewhere, Besides, a uTorrent Remote UI has been created in Flash, HTML, VB.NET, possibly C#.net and they all connect through the WebUI. It is extremely possible to control on the DS, Someone just has to either make a set of auto-refreshing webpages or make a client in C for the DS.

omgmog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
omgmog.net
XP
Country
You guys throw around terms such as 'AJAX' as if it's some mystifying language... It's just XML/Javascript/CSS used together, nothing special about it.

As ShadowEO said before me, the WebUI for uTorrent has an API.

A page could be created that uses a static HTML page, instead of one powered by AJAX.

kennypu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can basicly just make a simple web page on your computer, access it from your ds and make commands to utorrent right? That shouldn't be too bad, if the commands can be sent using simple buttons and forms :3

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgmog said:
You guys throw around terms such as 'AJAX' as if it's some mystifying language... It's just XML/Javascript/CSS used together, nothing special about it.

As ShadowEO said before me, the WebUI for uTorrent has an API.

A page could be created that uses a static HTML page, instead of one powered by AJAX.
Thank you very much, It's good to know that not everyone in this topic is misinformed about how the uTorrent WebAPI works.

QUOTE(kennypu @ May 23 2009, 02:01 PM) you can basicly just make a simple web page on your computer, access it from your ds and make commands to utorrent right? That shouldn't be too bad, if the commands can be sent using simple buttons and forms :3
I know, I used the uTorrentMUI webUI so that I could access from my DS once, It worked great.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
pedroion said:
The ultimate solution: buy an eeePC.

Point made.

The most intelligent answer i saw in this thread,

Utorrent for DS
dry.gif

wont work and completely useless.
Your being as unintelligent as the person who said that.
1) It's already been established that a native Torrent Client is useless on the DS.
2) We're looking into controlling the torrent software through it's web advanced programming interface (API)
3) 1 and 2 are more intelligent than the person who said to buy an EeePC and your useless comment about how all os us talking of programming a new UI to connect to and control a already running uTorrent on the COMPUTER using a DS. Is all of this registering in your head now or is it still going in one ear, out the other like a Neanderthal. Please, read the whole topic, and get your information correct before posting things that have already been established and instead of the useless comments like that, help us find an alternative that will still work on the DS.

Good day to you SIR!

omgmog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
omgmog.net
XP
Country
So the next step now would be producing a website optimised for the DS screen, using the uTorrent webAPI as referenced here - http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=25661

looks to me as if the reference guides listed there return the data in the form of a JSON feed, which I'm pretty sure can be interpreted by the nintendo ds browser (as it's just javascript, and the nintendo browser _is_ opera).

failing that, it might be possible to create/host a PHP file on the server (or a median server) hosting the utorrent client/web ui, have the PHP parse the JSON into a database, and then have that PHP page served to the DS.. Would get around any Javascript problems.

mad maniak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
omgmog said:
So the next step now would be producing a website optimised for the DS screen, using the uTorrent webAPI as referenced here - http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=25661

looks to me as if the reference guides listed there return the data in the form of a JSON feed, which I'm pretty sure can be interpreted by the nintendo ds browser (as it's just javascript, and the nintendo browser _is_ opera).

failing that, it might be possible to create/host a PHP file on the server (or a median server) hosting the utorrent client/web ui, have the PHP parse the JSON into a database, and then have that PHP page served to the DS.. Would get around any Javascript problems.

Not everyone with a DS has access to the Opera browser (no EzFlash 3in1 or no DSi for instance), so a non-javascript solution would be king (for me for instance, it would).

But if that wouldn't be feasible, I'd buy a EzFlash 3in1 just for this.
yaynds.gif

MM

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgmog said:

mad maniak said:
QUOTE(omgmog @ May 24 2009, 09:49 AM) So the next step now would be producing a website optimised for the DS screen, using the uTorrent webAPI as referenced here - http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=25661

Not everyone with a DS has access to the Opera browser (no EzFlash 3in1 or no DSi for instance), so a non-javascript solution would be king (for me for instance, it would).

But if that wouldn't be feasible, I'd buy a EzFlash 3in1 just for this.
yaynds.gif

MM

It is completely feasible not the have Javascript within the WebUI at all. I encourage anyone who wants to try and work on this to look up uTorrentMUI, download it, then study the code. It uses absolutely no JSON or JS period. omgmog your idea is also correct, that could be done as well. But when I was using the uTorrentMUI webUI it functioned perfectly inside DSOrganize.

Also I know that Antoligy is attempting a PHP version of it, I told him that I'm not sure if uTorrent can use external CGIs but it could be possible.
Another problem would be turning off the Authentication that uTorrent uses since the browsers cannot do authentication except for Opera.

mad maniak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
omgmog said:
I meant I would eventually work on a webUI to be used with the Nintendo browser, or bunjalloo, or DSOrganize

That would be epic win, so please do!
In any case, school goes first. Good luck with that.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol