UStealth - Wii U 'Format Disk' Nag workaround :)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jayjay123, Aug 11, 2013.

1. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    In my case, I stored all my game dumps for emulators on my USB drive. With the stealth, it won't see it anymore obviously. Can I recompile the emulators with the newer libFAT? Or am I asking a stupid question and better off just storing them on an SD?

2. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME

Attached Files:

3. shani ace

shani ace Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi there, my USB Loader GX (3.0) runs on revision 21010, but your files only show 4-digit revisions. Which one should I use (since I want to continue my forwarder, it would be nice to use the same revision)?

EDIT: Ah never mind, just updated USB Loader GX from its own menu to rev 1226 and now it detects the games without even copying a modified boot.dol. :)

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    USBLoaderGX is currently revision 1226
    21010 is the IOS internal revision currently loaded by the loader (it could be any other version depending on the way you softmoded your Wii)
    Which 4-digit are you talking about?
    Which forwarder are you "continuing" which require a revision? You are developing a forwarder with the loader revision displayed somewhere when launching it?
    Forwarders doesn't care which revision of the loader you are using, it only launch a file named "boot.dol" located in a folder on SD card. you could place any other homebrew in that place and it would run that homebrew too.

UStealth is a PC program, it doesn't care which application you use it with on your console.
    Or maybe you posted in the wrong thread?

5. jayjay123
    OP

jayjay123 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 24, 2013
    Hi all, apologies for being absent - my work has prohibited me from spending time in here.
    Thanks a ton Markehmus for posting the link. I will update the opening post with that link.
    I'm pm'ing you now.
    Cheers!

6. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Could you release source code?

pelago likes this.
  7. Onion_Knight

Onion_Knight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2014
    I don't have the original, but I can re-create it pretty easy. I'll put out a zip with it in the next day or so...

pelago likes this.
  8. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Thanks you :-)

9. Mackman

Mackman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Does this work on WiiMC app!?I have a 2 terabyte hard drive split in 3 partitions.2 wbfs partitions for Wii ios and one ntfs partition for music and videos.How will this app work for me?

10. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Still working on it?

11. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    has ANYONE been able get WiiXplorer to compile AT ALL (even just original sources) ?
    the "required portlibs" download on the googleode page doesn't seem to be enough. I was hoping to see if just recompiling with the UStealth modded libFAT would be enough to make it work

12. turnandpull

turnandpull Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Is there a version of the most recent Nintendont build that has Ustealth compatibility? I see the libfatmod download from earlier but I'm not quite sure how to modify it myself.

13. Maxternal

Nov 15, 2011
    You take the libfat.a file from the \libogc\lib\wii folder in the ZIP file and replace the same file in the same folder in your devkitpro (C:\devkitPro\libogc\lib\wii\libfat.a in my case and most others) before compiling

14. Maxternal

Nov 15, 2011
    MassiveRican likes this.
  15. uyjulian

uyjulian Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    The included portlibs don't include updated version of "sevenzip" lib, but I have no idea where to find updated version.

Maxternal likes this.
  16. Mackman

Mackman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    This looks really complicatied.If I have any problems I`ll ask for help.Thanks.

17. pelago

pelago Member

Feb 20, 2006
  18. Starhowl

Starhowl Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    So, is any version of Nintendont now available, which can deal with a hidden disk?

19. markehmus

markehmus GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2008
    Canada
    in the GAME
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-crediars-new-project.349258/page-477#post-5039515
    =
    or you could check out which ever version from nintendon-t svn and use the below mod from Maxternal to build a version with hidden drive compatibility...
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-compatible-libfat-mod.365714/
    =

Starhowl and MassiveRican like this.
  20. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I added a list of compatible homebrew to the first post.
    there's not a lot ...

If you know another one, let me know and I'll add it too.

About Wiixplorer:
    In the branches, you have lib7zip.
    You need to compile it (make) and install the library to your portlib folder (make install).

I compiled all c sources, but I have an error when linking everything.
    libunrar.a seems to be an issue, I'll do the same than 7lib and try again.
    edit: it worked. Thanks to Dimok for providing the libraries in branches.

I updated only 7z and rar libraries, I didn't compile all other branches so I might be outdated, I don't know if my compiled version will work fine with all features.

Additional portlibs compiled libraries: libsevenzip and libunrar (make a backup of your old files and folder before replacing)
    Wiixplorer r259 with 55AA and 55AB signature: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rk7b81qqd761s2i/R259_mod_UStealth.7z

Can someone test the stealth'd version?
    I don't know if it will work with all partition format, it's possible specific libraries (libfat, nfs, etc.) use their own partition table check.

Troopage, uyjulian, jayjay123 and 2 others like this.