Using the Steam savegame from "Binding of Isaac Rebirth" on your Vita

This is a small guide on how you can copy over a savegame from the Steam version of "Binding of Isaac: Rebirth" to your Vita.

I have been playing BoI:R on Steam for quite some time, but I recently bought a Vita and was delighted to see that BoI:R is available here, too! I have my Vita just a week now, so bear with me, if I say something stupid :)

-disclaimer-
The whole process is quite easy, but I must warn you, that I haven't tested this with much detail! The game loads, I can select my copied over savegame with the whole content I unlocked and I can start a game with that. I can't say, if there are any aftereffects, so please - for the love of god - backup your savegames, if you hold them dear!
-disclaimer-

Now for the fun part:

What you need:
  1. A BoI Rebirth savegame on your Windows PC located in "\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Binding of Isaac Rebirth\" They are called persistentgamedataX.dat (where X is the number of your savegame). Afterbirth savegames do not work. I tried!
  2. A Vita with access to VitaShell
  3. A connection (USB or FTP) from the PC to your Vita
What you need to do:
  1. Open VitaShell and copy over the savegames to your Vita (to the root of ux0:/)
  2. Mark the savegame(s) with the [] button and press /\ for the menu, select copy and press X
  3. Navigate to "ux0:/user/00/savedata/" (or to whichever user you want to copy the savegames to)
  4. Now comes the important part: highlight the folder "PCSE00507" and press /\ for the menu. Select "Open decryped" from the menu and press X
  5. You are now in the decrypted savegame folder. Here, you can press /\ for the menu, highlight "Paste" and press X. At this point you are overwriting your old Vita savegame(s)! Be careful!
  6. ???
  7. Profit!
When you now start BoI:R, you should see your progess from the Steam version when you load a game.

Another thing I don't know is how or if you are awarded any trophies.

Well, have fun gaming BoI:R!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc