OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it's at all possible to use a gameshark save on the EZ Flash.

My original idea was to use the rom in Visual Boy Advance, and import the gameshark save there, then save the game, and use that save, however, the NOR save file is 128 KB, whereas the one extracted from Visual Boy Advance is a mere 64 KB. I tried the option in Rudolph's program to restore the data from the .sav to my SRAM, but that didn't work either.

The game is Fire Emblem, not Sacred Stones, and the only thing I'm trying to use the save for is to unlock the Mario Kart Double Dash disc special items. I do love that Emblem Lance.

Anyways, I digress. If there's a way to use that save file, let me know. I'm sure there must be, and I'm very appreciative of the one who helps me. DS game piracy for life.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All you have to do is stick another 64KB onto the end of the VBA save file. There are a few ways to do this:

1. You can open the file in a hex editor, copy the whole file, and paste it onto the end of itself. This is the only method I know that will work on a non-Windows computer.

2. In a Windows command prompt you can stick two copies of the file together like so:
Code:
copy /b "64KB save file.sav"+"64KB save file.sav" "128KB save file.sav"
Obviously, you need to replace "64KB save file.sav" with the name of the file you want to convert. The quotes are required if there are spaces in the filenames.

3. I made a batch script (Windows only) to do this automatically. You can download it here: http://www.zshare.net/download/4869217144cb10/
Read the readme file, it explains how to convert the files.

Aarohead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've got a similar problem with my R4/3 in 1 setup. I'm playing Harvest Moon: FOMT and I want to use a save from VBA on my R4/3 in 1 setup. Now, I don't know if it is because I used NDStation to package the .gba files but the save file that the game makes is a 512kb save. Do I just use the Hex editor method and just keep pasting the code to itself 8 times?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)