Hacking Using Shop Channel On 4.2/Upgrade to 4.3?

K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I'm currently on 4.2U and have bootmii as boot2 and as IOS, HBC is 1.0.7(soon will be 1.0.8). I don't remember what I had to do to get Monster Hunter Tri, NTSC-U to work on my system, but in terms of installing cIOS's, i did all of that. Im on cIOS 17 i think.

I want to be able to use the Shop channel. I can't cuz I need to update. Now, I don't know if there is a work-around so I don't have to update to use the shop channel, but would it be easier to work around the update, or update and fix it.

If it's easier to update to 4.3, can somebody please explain to me how, and for installing cIOSX 20, what numbers should I use for the whole thing(meaning what IOS for the base and what one for the other options). If it matters, I normally play using Config USB Loader. Even if you can just provide links, that'd be great. But please don't link me to the first post when what I need is on page 20 or something like that.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can download the lastest shop channel from NUSD
You also need to download ios61 as well as the shop channel uses it.

You can get NUSD from wiibrew.org

*make sure you pack them as a wad when downloading it*

Then use wad manager to install it

Cios 20

Most people use

249 with a base of 57 or 56
250 with a base of 37

*xzxeros guide uses 249 with base of 56 and 250 with base of 37

EDIT: You can get all the above files mentioned(Even ciosRev20) from xzxeros guides already in wad format if you do not feel like messing with NUSD

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
No need to update...stay on 4.2 and just update your shop channel.

You can also use WiiScu to update your shop channel.

It would be worthwhile installing ios58 to be upto date!

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ditto on this one. That's what I did, still on 4.2U but Shop Channel works to add Wii points for RB2.

Cheers

luminalace said:
No need to update...stay on 4.2 and just update your shop channel.

You can also use WiiScu to update your shop channel.

It would be worthwhile installing ios58 to be upto date!

K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I'm unable to download WiiSCU and I can't use NUSD .wads for some reason. I'm going to guess the only thing left I can do is update to 4.3. From what I gather, I know I gotta use Smash Stack/Indiana Pwns, but after I install bootmii & HBC, what then? And can I install custom channels on 4.3? I'm gonna guess yes?

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QKid said:
Okay, I'm unable to download WiiSCU and I can't use NUSD .wads for some reason. I'm going to guess the only thing left I can do is update to 4.3. From what I gather, I know I gotta use Smash Stack/Indiana Pwns, but after I install bootmii & HBC, what then? And can I install custom channels on 4.3? I'm gonna guess yes?
Don't update, use DOP-Shop and install the newest shop channel

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
QKid said:

What do you mean you can't download WiiScu? It looks like you have your heart set on updating to 4.3. It's your call!

K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
luminalace said:
QKid said:

What do you mean you can't download WiiScu? It looks like you have your heart set on updating to 4.3. It's your call!

Actually, I've been looking for a download link to WiiSCU, but everywhere I go redirects to WiiBrew. Which removed WiiSCU for some reason. I'll use dop-Shop.

EDIT: Same with dop-Shop. Deleted due to 'crapIOS'

K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tbgtbg said:
Don't know about WiiSCU, but DOP-Mii is on http://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/

Thanks. Downloaded that. New problems arise!

K, so I installed cIOSX 20b. I used 249 as the ios to use during installation. Installed 249 with base 57 and 250 base 37. Then used ios58 Installer to update that. Everything, including HBC was normal till this point. Went into Dop-Mii using tbgtbg's link. Used 36 as the IOS to install other IOS's. Installed IOS 61. Restarted. HBC was fine. Went into Dop-Mii. Go to install Shop Channel US. Gives a lot of retriving errors, but eventually gets passed some. I don't know if it finished(switched tv input to the satellite) but when i switched back to the wii, a Code Dump was onscreen. Went into Shop Channel to see if it finished, said I needed to update, so I turned off the wii at that point.

Get this - now, i go into the HBC to try installing the shop channel again using Dop-Mii, and - HBC IS UPSIDE DOWN! Like somebody flipped my TV 180 degrees. SysMenu is rightside up, as well as all apps. Still waiting on the second download of Shop Channel thru Dop-Mii. Please help.

EDIT: Shop Channel Works, but HBC is still upside down...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Homebrew Channel is upside down? You could reinstall IOS61 with Dop-Mii and answer the three questions (fakesign,...) with no. Then go to system menu, start the HBC again and see if it's normal now. To the Shop Channel - in Dop-Mii, choose IOS250 to install other IOSes.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FIX94 said:
The Homebrew Channel is upside down? You could reinstall IOS61IOS58 with Dop-Mii and answer the three questions (fakesign,...) with no. Then go to system menu, start the HBC again and see if it's normal now. If it's not normal, launch the hackmii installer and reinstall the HBC. To the Shop Channel - in Dop-Mii, choose IOS250 to install other IOSes.
almost a perfect summary
wink.gif

K.Wall.24

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
The Homebrew Channel is upside down? You could reinstall IOS61 with Dop-Mii and answer the three questions (fakesign,...) with no. Then go to system menu, start the HBC again and see if it's normal now. To the Shop Channel - in Dop-Mii, choose IOS250 to install other IOSes.

Well, shop channel now works, however I didn't use your method. Anyway, I answered yes to all 3 of those questions, so that is most likely the problem... I'm currently downloading alll my purchased games to my SD Card, cuz i keep forgetting to do that. But, once I'm done, I'll do ios 58 and answer with no.

EDIT: Used IOS61 and hit yes, no, no, no, and HBC is back. Thanks Guys
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them