Using R4 As Passcard

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kidmen741, Oct 4, 2008.

1. kidmen741
    OP

kidmen741 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2008
    Canada
    So, i've bought a M3 for my orginal DS 2 years ago, and bought a DSL last year and a R4 along with it. Now, the passcard for my M3 is broken, so i was wondering if i could use the R4 as a passcard so i could play GBA games again. Thanks

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    If you just want to play GBA Games, couldn't just you start the M3 from the "GBA Slot" button in the DS System Menu?

3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    to paly GBA ROMS MUST use a SLOT-2 card

you you what to play a REAL gba game just pick the boot slot-2 option in the flash cards menu

4. Searinox

Searinox Rawr~

Dec 16, 2007
    Romania
    Bucharest
    If ya really have to boot slot-2 NDS with a passcard, no the R4 cannot do it. However, I remember using the DSTT Menu on it and it had a PassMe function. Actually guys, isn't there an outright NDS app that can do PassMe like there is one to boot GBA? O.=.o

5. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Er, you can boot your M3 up if you choose the third icon on the screen (to the right).
    R4 can be a passme, if that's what you're asking.

I would suggest you read the review of the R4.

6. Diablo1123

Diablo1123 Newcomer

Mar 9, 2008
    United States
    Underground
    YSMenu has a nice thing when you press start that gives a menu to boot slot 2, passme, or the DS menu.

7. layzieyez

layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Yes, R4 can work as passme device. I've used it before the days of SDHC to maximize amount of ROMs carried around to 4GB with a M3 Lite in my slot 2. It's pretty funny I carry twice that much now and I'm still wanting to carry even more.