Using mymenuify in 4.1U SM mod. Possible brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by carfonu, Aug 7, 2016.

1. carfonu
    OP

carfonu Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi, a friend asked me to modify his wii with a custom menu among other things. I made a syscheck and noticed that the system menu is 4.1, but the version of the IOS60 is v54321. Doing a quick search it seems that it was downgraded. I was using this guide with NUSD, but i think i risk a brick here since i might be changing the 4.1U v54321 back to a modified 4.1U v6174.
    For additional info, my friend got his wii softmodded by someone else, so he's completely naive about what happened, and i'm not sure if i want to mess with this so much.
    Any way, here's the syscheck.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

2. carfonu
    OP

carfonu Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Bump!
    Nobody? I'm still unable to fix this. At this point i'm thinking on getting the wii back to factory settings and trying to reinstall everything, but i'm not sure this is a safe way and will not end in a brick either. Another way would be to somehow make the .app using the modified wads but i'm not sure how to do this as NUSD makes this. Is it even possible?

Also, i'm not a native english speaker, so if i'm not clear with my problem please let me know.

3. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    You have IOS60v6174. The version is just increased so an update won't brick your Wii. It's a good thing, and there is nothing to "fix".

Having an elevated version of IOS60 doesn't have any negative effect on your System Menu. Your System Menu is v449. Think of the IOS as Windows, and the System Menu as a program you're running.

Last edited by JoostinOnline, Aug 9, 2016
  4. carfonu
    OP

carfonu Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I thought about that, but some homebrew guides say updating the SM it's dangerous, which is what i think i might be doing by using mymenuify to put a modified SM with v6174. I think i can't link directly to the guides since they contain wads from nintendo. But the quote gives results in google.

Now i think my best bet would be to get the .app from the 4.1 mod.

5. carfonu
    OP

carfonu Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Last update, i finally changed the menu with the original 4.1 .app, so i guess is possible to do it without. I used wii-themer for the job and everything went fine.
    Thanks a lot for the help Joostin.

6. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Why would you do that? There was no reason to do it. You're going to end up bricking your Wii if you do things you don't understand when people specifically tell you not to. :glare:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice