Hacking Using Darkcorp to load metroid other m

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone.
I downloaded metroid other m the other day and burned it on a verbatim DVD-R DL disk, but in the system menu it said that it couldn't read the disk.
I have the latest version of darkcorp, no user controled layer break to 2084960 because IMGburn can't do it, using a PAL wii with priiloader region-free hacks.
I did not remove the update partition in the ISO, but i still have 1 DVD-R DL to spare, and i can't find any DVD+R DL to use.

What am I doing wrong? I'll try to avoid using neogamma or something like that because its too much work to be updating everything, but if there's no choice...
Also, don't say to buy an HDD, i can't afford it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fortunately i got some DVD+R DL, i'll try them tonight without the update partition and the correct layer break and booking. We'll see the results...
EDIT2: Nope, it did NOT work.

I also tried with neogamma but it gives me error 1208 and with gecko says that there is no dvd.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make a .dvd file for imgburn:

Example:

LayerBreak=2084960
MetroidotherM.iso

type that in a notepad document and name it the SAME as your ISO,

Example: MetroidotherM.dvd

(assuming that is the name of ur ISO)

load that dvd file up in imgburn!

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't that just for setting the layer break? I've done that already with the proper value on imgburn on the settings menu, but it doesn't work.
BTW, should i use a Verbatim DVD-R DL or a Verbatim DVD+R DL to burn? I got one of which, so i need to be sure that it is the correct way to burn the game.
Also, i downloaded a proper dump, lets see if it does anything... Should i remove the update partition as well?

chicken11

Trophies
XP
Country
my wii is 4.1 e neogamma 8,dark corp 1.1 .cios 38 rev 20,this game works fine using verbatim dvd + r dual layer,loads through disc channel and so far works a treat with no problems, down loaded and burned using img burn i did not change any settings on img burn and could not tell you what the layer break is,this process worked for SSBB,SO LONG MY LOVE,METROID PRIME TRILOGY ,give it a try but may be you need to up date your iso's

Cota

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try to do that. My wii is 4.2 and i also have cios 38 rev 20 and darkcorp 1.1. Ill use another ISO that i got, with that txt document for the layer break, without taking out the update partition and without change the booking type. I'll burn the slowest speed possible.
Let's see if its now or never...

EDIT: ARGH! NOT YET! I think it has to do with cIOS 38 or something... Something is wrong, but i can't find any problem. i supoose it has something to do with cIOS 38 because that's the one that can read DL discs, but i've updated it and it still doesn't work.

Chicken11, how did you install cios 38 rev 20?
Also, if anyone knows which settings to use on neogamma, i'd be thankful.
EDIT 2: I've updated all my IOS's with pimp my wii 2.02

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"