itayda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello,

Can I use the R4 and a flashing application like rudolph's tool to flash the NOR of the EZ 3 in 1, and then
put the EZ 3 in 1 into a GBA SP machine and it would run as if I would put in a normal cartridge ?

roothorick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the GBA size 3in1, and yes, if you flash the NOR, you can then boot it using _any_ device that takes GBA carts (including the GameBoy Player for GameCube) and it will run whatever game is in the NOR

HOWEVER, if you flash a game to NOR, reset, play a game in PSRAM, save in that game, quit, and then boot the cartridge without the assistance of the slot-1 card, YOU WILL LOSE THE SAVE DATA FOR THE GAME YOU RAN IN PSRAM. I found that out the hard way and lost about an hour's worth of FFTA progress.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HOWEVER, if you flash a game to NOR, reset, play a game in PSRAM, save in that game, quit, and then boot the cartridge without the assistance of the slot-1 card, YOU WILL LOSE THE SAVE DATA FOR THE GAME YOU RAN IN PSRAM. I found that out the hard way and lost about an hour's worth of FFTA progress.
If you're using the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, this will only happen if you run the GBA games through the EZ4 Client. The EZ4 Client forces the games to write their save data to the wrong part of SRAM when you run them in PSRAM mode, thus breaking the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool's save system. If you use GBATA or BatchGBA to SRAM patch your GBA roms this won't happen.

If you're using NDStation, well, that's what you get for using NDStation. NDStation's save system only works if you always use it to boot the games; you cannot boot the 3-in-1 like a normal GBA cart without this happening.

Doggy124

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
I have the GBA size 3in1, and yes, if you flash the NOR, you can then boot it using _any_ device that takes GBA carts (including the GameBoy Player for GameCube) and it will run whatever game is in the NOR

but if he use it in SP(and no slot1) how could he run the PSRAM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up