Hacking Using Action Replay in DSTwo

lordshotgun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any program or way to enter action replay codes? I ask because I am playing a rom hack version of pokemon (Spirit Gold and Blaze Black) and I wish to be able to add specific pokemon to my PC boxes.

If this is not possible, it there a way to convert a DeSmuME save into a DStwo save? That would solve the problems simply by being able to add everything prior to moving it to the flash card.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if cheats work for rom hacks, but you can try converting your save with shunyweb save converter.
I do not know which save type is the same as DeSmuME, but it's worth a try.

lordshotgun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have used AR cheats just fine with this hack before using DeSmuME so the hack is fine, the only problem is finding an input method for the AR codes.

lordshotgun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's called the usrcheat.dat file.
I suggest you take a look at the dstwo beginner's guide.
I have. All the guide says is to put the file into the dstwo folder and enter the pre-made cheats from there. Not only does that file not work for me but I didn't see how the urscheat.dat file will help with specific homemade AR codes.

Edit: Some Google Fu later I have found that you can download a program called R4ccE from here http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/5938-NDS-Cheat-Database-Update-Usrcheat-07-22-2013
and open up the urscheat.dat file and add the AR codes manually and then recompile the file.

Edit: #2 This is another good resource for people wanting to add cheats to rom hacks or otherwise unsupported games http://r4ds.wikia.com/wiki/How_To_Add_Cheats_To_R4

Edit # 3 I have confirmed that this method works brilliantly and I recommend this for anyone who wants to be able to modify urscheat.dat file.

Reactions: detroitwillfall

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Frfr, autism gang rise up.