Using a Slot-2 device with the R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by tsunamikitsune, Oct 17, 2008.

Oct 17, 2008
  1. tsunamikitsune
    OP

Newcomer tsunamikitsune Newbie

United States
    With the English Mother 3 patch on its way, I'm looking into buying a Slot-2 device for use with my R4. The EZ Flash 3 in 1 looks pretty nice, but I'd like to know a few things first:

How many GBA games can I play at a time with one of these? It doesn't look like there's any microSD slot or anything, so are the ROMs run from the R4's memory?

Also, is the EZ Flash 3 in 1 the best way to go? It seems nice to have the other functions in there, too, but if something without the RAM and rumble would function better, I'd probably rather have that.

Thanks in advance for helping me out. [​IMG]

2. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    I don't quite get what you are trying to say about that.
    If it has rumble or extra RAM, you will get it?
    Well the rumble pack and the extra RAM are both separate slot 2 devices.

3. tsunamikitsune
    OP

Newcomer tsunamikitsune Newbie

United States
    This is what I get for typing when I'm tired. [​IMG]

I meant to ask, are the games stored on the R4 so I can play as many as I can fit on the card? I assume so because there's no kind of storage on the 3 in 1 itself (to my knowledge).

As for my other question, I was wondering if there are any downsides to having all three of those functions in one. This 3 in 1 card seems pretty cheap compared to some other cards, so I'm wondering why that is. The 3 in 1 has more functions, but do they have a negative effect on the card's ability to play GBA games? Is it simply a lower quality model?

4. dogman

Member dogman GBAtemp Regular

Chile
    gba expLoader. It lets you run games in:

PSRAM mode (

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    seems like all the 3-in-1 facts have been stated for you. i own one and love it. works great, some problem games can be patched. also functions as a ram expansion for quake2ds and other homebrew that can use it. the other of quake told me he found the 3-in-1 to clock the fastest for ram and the most reliable. if you have the money to spend i can also recommend a m3 lite. i own one as well and it is great for ram expansion, gba, and nds via passme.

cheers,
    -another world