Gaming Using a purchased copy of pokemon sword on a modded switch.

Zaintne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have already been posted already before.

Currently i have both sword and shield installed but it is on a modified switch. I want to play with my friends across town through the friend-online feature rather than just through local play whenever we hangout. If i buy a copy of the game physical/digital, do i need anything else to be able play with them or is it a really big risk of getting my switch banned?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may have already been posted already before.

Currently i have both sword and shield installed but it is on a modified switch. I want to play with my friends across town through the friend-online feature rather than just through local play whenever we hangout. If i buy a copy of the game physical/digital, do i need anything else to be able play with them or is it a really big risk of getting my switch banned?
You must use a clean sysNAND or clean emuNAND when connecting to Nintendo's servers. If you connect to Nintendo's servers with a dirty NAND that you've installed pirated games to, you will be banned, regardless of whether or not your copy of Pokemon is legitimate.

Reactions: Zaintne

Zaintne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use a clean sysNAND or clean emuNAND when connecting to Nintendo's servers. If you connect to Nintendo's servers with a dirty NAND that you've installed pirated games to, you will be banned, regardless of whether or not your copy of Pokemon is legitimate.
Do i still need to purchase nintendo switch online subscription to play with them across town?

Zaintne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to use Nintendo Switch Online, you must pay for it.
Thanks, but thats dumb. Monthly subscriptions on a game i already paid for to play with friends was the reason i left console and went to PC, Im not going back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging