Hardware Using a normal USB to play PSX games? (on Wii)

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have WiiPSX and I want to try playing some PSX games. Problem is... they are almost 500MB each. I don't want to fill up my 1GB SD. I have a Cruzer 4GB USB which is completely formatted... Nothing on it.

I tried to put some N64 games on it but Wii64 says No USB found.

Will my normal USB flash drive work with the Wii, or does it have to be one of those HDDs?

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have not had any luck either with usb on WiiSX/WII64. If you want to know if your stick is compatible with wii, put an app on your stick and see if homebrew channel detects it. If not youre skrewed. if it does ; good luck.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aijelsop said:
I have WiiPSX and I want to try playing some PSX games. Problem is... they are almost 500MB each. I don't want to fill up my 1GB SD. I have a Cruzer 4GB USB which is completely formatted... Nothing on it.

I tried to put some N64 games on it but Wii64 says No USB found.

Will my normal USB flash drive work with the Wii, or does it have to be one of those HDDs?

I had the same problem with wii64. it just won't detect it.
I expect it to work with WiiSX(haven't tried yet though) cuz it also works on any other emulators on my wii.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if using usb make sure the device is formatted to fat 16 or 32, that the partition is the first partion on the device and that it is listed as active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.