OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First of all, cheers to all the people who dedicated to the scene !!
grog.gif

I like playing my Wii games, Wii homebrew, and Wii backups. My 3.2e Wii is softmodded (gamma), connected to Internet (marokart
happy.gif
), but data sharing to Nintendo is shut off.

When I want to use my Wii as a download station to play DS demo´s, I have to switch the Wii data sharing on. I have no problems to share my gaming times to the big N, but would like to keep quit that (and how much time) I play Homebrewchannel and Backupchannel.

Is there a way to erase/modify the data send to the big N?
Is there a way to use the download station without sending data to the big N?

Regards,
Elbee.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can get your DS demo (and do pretty much anything else online with your Wii) without Nintendo caring or doing anything if they see you used the Homebrew channel.

If they did care, or could do anything, myself and loads of others would have been busted, had the homebrew channel deleted, or whatever else they think they could do a long time ago.

elbee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
thx MCJ, you are right, Nintendo doesn´t seem to care, and doesn´t act (yet).

I read on the forum the new policy with 3.4 make´s it legally possible modify-delete stuff on your wii, but as long you don´t accept it, you got nothing to be afraid of. The worse they can do is make some kind of ban you can´t play online anymore. And even that can be worked-around bij changing/patching your Wii-id.

But still, wouldn´t it be nice if you could (easy) modify your (play)data on your Wii?

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember reading something awhile back about that, but again it's really pointless. Nintendo doesn't care if you are using the homebrew channel. They'll only try to stop it from being installed.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34