RodrigoCamilo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
honestly, who is using flashcards? I've saw some bricking rumors but I do not believe in it, just to know how many people are using flashcards? If you're using leave a comment below ;D

Slynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't going to brick 3DS's (assuming this is about what is on the box.) If they do, this will happen again:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/bricked...t-microsoft/183

I heard it's supposed to be printed on the box. Even if that were true, when I bought my 3DS at gamestop, you bought it first, and then they went into the back of the store to get it. Couldn't even see the box before purchase.

It's just fear mongering (if it's even real, never looked at my box to be honest.)

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Slynk said:
They aren't going to brick 3DS's (assuming this is about what is on the box.) If they do, this will happen again:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/bricked...t-microsoft/183

I heard it's supposed to be printed on the box. Even if that were true, when I bought my 3DS at gamestop, you bought it first, and then they went into the back of the store to get it. Couldn't even see the box before purchase.

It's just fear mongering (if it's even real, never looked at my box to be honest.)
It's not just on the box. It's in a lot of places.

sadness.JPG

I just hope Nintendo makes liars out of themselves and this all blows over. If not, absolute hell will befall the temp in a couple of weeks.
frown.gif

I really don't think they will brick systems, but I admit I'm a little worried.

Slynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As Rydian stated in his thread, it's illegal in most countries. It's not going to happen. If I want to rip off the nand and reprogram it I can. As much as console developers may want to believe, the hardware you purchase is NOT leased. Nor is the operating system. All they can do is deny you service (e-shop access, access to their servers for updates, warranty etc). If they brick 3DS's, they will have a class action lawsuit to deal with (except in the US since we just lost that right, assuming they have a forced arbitration clause in the ToS. -.-)

There's a reason Microsoft decided to reverse their bricking of 360's and why Sony hasn't done more than PSN bans.
wink.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Slynk said:
As Rydian stated in his thread, it's illegal in most countries. It's not going to happen. If I want to rip off the nand and reprogram it I can. As much as console developers may want to believe, the hardware you purchase is NOT leased. Nor is the operating system. All they can do is deny you service (e-shop access, access to their servers for updates, warranty etc). If they brick 3DS's, they will have a class action lawsuit to deal with (except in the US since we just lost that right, assuming they have a forced arbitration clause in the ToS. -.-)

There's a reason Microsoft decided to reverse their bricking of 360's and why Sony hasn't done more than PSN bans.
wink.gif
The legal justification they might be able to use is that the 3DS firmware is their intellectual property and they are within their rights to alter it as they please -- including removing game functionality as a penalty for unauthorized device usage. The second justification they could use is that you agreed to give them the right to disable your system by accepting the User Agreement.

These are just my opinions and I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Slynk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
The legal justification they might be able to use is that the 3DS firmware is their intellectual property and they are within their rights to alter it as they please -- including removing game functionality as a penalty for unauthorized device usage. The second justification they could use is that you agreed to give them the right to disable your system by accepting the User Agreement.

These are just my opinions and I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Except under consumer protection laws they are not allowed to remove any features available at the point of sale. At least it's the case in the US and most European countries. "Unauthorized device" is another way of saying "we'll tell you what you can and can't do with what you purchased." User Agreements can't just have w/e they want in them. They can say "we reserve the right to murder you at any given point", doesn't mean it's legally binding.

RodrigoCamilo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
even with all these warnings, the only thing that bugs me, is that when you use a flashcard without patching it to be compatible for the 3ds, the console detects that it is a flashcard and when you run it shows an error message, but WHY it doesn't brick your console immediately, just thinking in other way, will all you buy a new 3ds if yours brick? nintendo will lost so many players by bricking consoles, probably some will try to sue nintendo, and it would be so easier if nintendo just blocks the flashcards than bricking it. When nintendo block a flashcard you will start buying games for the console, because you want to play it ;D

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Snailface said:
Oh noes I'm using a Nyko Power Pak+ - an unauthorized device - in my 3DS which apparently means I've been playing my games on a "permanently unplayable" device for a week now. Man I never noticed
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: