Homebrew Use DSi as wireless gamepad for PC?

TrollyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried it and couldn't get it to work. I followed like 4 guides, tried everything such as adding exceptions to my firewall and port forwarding... Nothing worked :hateit:

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you and good luck :D
Thanks. I was able to successfully, once I turned SSID Isolation off.

I'd post a video of it, but my phone doesn't record video very well.

The mouse works but sometimes spazzes out, and it's not the smoothest movement.

Keep in mind that both devices must be on the same network.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is software-related or not, but, just so you know, it has a ~0.3 to ~0.6 second input lag, so it's not exactly ideal for most games, if that's what you had in mind.

Last edited by banjo2,
Reactions: Alexander1970

TrollyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks. I was able to successfully, once I turned SSID Isolation off.

I'd post a video of it, but my phone doesn't record video very well.

The mouse works but sometimes spazzes out, and it's not the smoothest movement.

Keep in mind that both devices must be on the same network.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is software-related or not, but, just so you know, it has a ~0.3 to ~0.6 second input lag, so it's not exactly ideal for most games, if that's what you had in mind.

I don't have SSID Isolation on. If you can link the video to see if I have done anything wrong, that would be nice. I don't care about the mouse, just the DPad... However, I read that there is no input lag at all :mellow:

Did you use DS2key or any other programs? I hope that I won't face input lag too (if it works).

EDIT: I read that the input lag is because of the GUI logs. If you don't use the GUI logs it will not lag (lag will also be reduced if you set them to anything else besides "All Messages". Could you try that too?)

Last edited by TrollyX,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't have SSID Isolation on. If you can link the video to see if I have done anything wrong, that would be nice. I don't care about the mouse, just the DPad... However, I read that there is no input lag at all :mellow:

Did you use DS2key or any other programs? I hope that I won't face input lag too (if it works).

EDIT: I read that the input lag is because of the GUI logs. If you don't use the GUI logs it will not lag (lag will also be reduced if you set them to anything else besides "All Messages". Could you try that too?)
I didn't do much to setup. Just obtained my local IP via ipconfig, started the program, and inputted that into the DS side. I didn't portforward or anything like that.

Just a couple of 3D games and windows.

Where is that option?

TrollyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I didn't do much to setup. Just obtained my local IP via ipconfig, started the program, and inputted that into the DS side. I didn't portforward or anything like that.

Just a couple of 3D games and windows.

Where is that option?

I don't really know, did you use the GUI or the CMD version?

I did the same things and it didn't work tho... Which release did you use?

TrollyX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I placed them on the root, but I don't think they have to be there.

Uhh, maybe you inputted the incorrect IP address? Most start with 192.168 iirc.

I tried placing them on the root too and it didn't work. I also used the correct IP...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning