Hacking USBLoader GX "TAB MOD" Issue

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @Hucz
tab mod does not change the default behavior of the loader, at least for saving its configuration. So it should work exactly as expected, like with the original loader.
Are you sure you have write permissions on the media you're using to launch USBLoader GX ? I would recommand to compile vanilla sources, to see if it's working or not...maybe some bug(s) was introduced in devkitppc ?
For the size : I always compress my binaries with FIX94's utilty "dolxz", because "smaller is better" (server side at least :moogle: )

Thank you for getting back to me :)
Whenever I try to compile with or without the tab mod, it outputs a "3.0 Rev 0 mod" revision number which is interfering with how it loads the config/settings.

On this thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can-i-compile-usb-loader-gx.169078/page-4#post-8461108 Cyan says Sliksvn/TortoiseSVN is needed in order to auto-increment the revision number which will allow the saving and loading of settings correctly.

He says: "If you plan to compile USBLoaderGX, you might also want to install SlikSVN, as it'll be used to auto-increment the revision of the loader at compile time. if you don't auto-increment, you have to edit source/svnrev.h file manually, or the loader won't be able to save your settings."

This is where I am stuck. I've installed both SlikSVN and Tortoise. Rebooted my PC and recompiled. It's still not incrementing the revision number upon compiling :( I apologize, I know this isn't related to Tab Mod, but I love your mod and I'm just trying to make one minor adjustment in one of your files and struggling to compile a build. I figured I would ask here instead of creating a separate thread asking for help compiling USBLoaderGX. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Hucz,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For my part, I'm using TortoiseSVN, which includes the tool (SubWCRev) needed to auto-increment USBLoader GX revision, and it's working fine.

Are you using the latest version of TortoiseSVN, with the standard setup ?
Make also sure PATH is correctly filled with TortoiseSVN

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a quick edit to force the rev version. In the svnrev.sh script change rev_new=0 to what you want : https://github.com/GreyWolfSC/UNEO/blob/master/svnrev.sh#L8

@Wiimpathy Thank you, this worked perfectly for me!! :D Yay!!

For my part, I'm using TortoiseSVN, which includes the tool (SubWCRev) needed to auto-increment USBLoader GX revision, and it's working fine. Are you using the latest version of TortoiseSVN, with the standard setup ? Make also sure PATH is correctly filled with TortoiseSVN

I have the latest TortoiseSVN installed and I found the SubWCRev tool in my Program Files folder. How would I run it, does it not have environment variables that run automatically when compiling via the make command? Or am I missing a step?

Last edited by Hucz,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin" (default Tortoise folder) in your PATH variable ?
it should work out of the box without any user intervention

EDIT :

I'm using this kind of batch to compile with a "portable" version of devkitpro, if it can help. With vanilla USBLGX sources, or with tab mod, I only use this and the script to update revision of the build is automatically generated.

Code:
@ECHO off
TITLE Compilation d'USBLoader GX

CD..\..\..
SET PATH=%cd%\msys\bin;%cd%\devkitPPC\bin;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin
SET DEVKITPRO=/%CD::=%
SET DEVKITPRO=%DEVKITPRO:\=/%
SET DEVKITPPC=%devkitpro%/devkitPPC
SET DEVKITARM=%devkitpro%/devkitARM
CD %~dp0

make -j5
wiixz boot.dol HBC\boot.dol
pause

homebrews are 3 levels downstairs from the devkitpro main folder (which explains why I use CD..\..\.. in order to gain devkitpro main folder and set my variables like it should)
example : devkitpro\homebrews\Wii\USBLoaderGX << where is the makefile and all the subfolders.

Last edited by Badablek,

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin" (default Tortoise folder) in your PATH variable ? it should work out of the box without any user intervention
How would I be able to check this? Is it a .c file I need to edit? Sorry, I couldn't find this step in any of the compiling instructions.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
PATH is in Windows settings.
open a command prompt and type :

Code:
echo %path%

you will see everything that is inside the variable.
Else you have to go to Windows settings :

upload_2020-2-26_18-14-0.png

Or you can try my batch (see my EDIT in my previous post)

Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PATH is in Windows settings.
open a command prompt and type :

Code:
echo %path%

you will see everything that is inside the variable.
Else you have to go to Windows settings :

View attachment 197728

Or you can try my batch (see my EDIT in my previous post)

Thank you @Badablek !! This answers my question perfectly! :D I really appreciate all of your help! I can now build upon the tab mod.

Last edited by Hucz,

Steinyamite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try this build (vanilla USBLoader GX 1272 + tabmod)

BTW I don't know what changes were made between 1271 and 1272, but I will definitely stick to 1271 for my part ! 1272 is really really BAD, auto-launch it from priiloader does not work anymore (does not detect IOS58 nor cIOS), reboot to USBLoader GX either...wow, that's pretty rough
From my understanding, it seems that USBLGX now tries to launch itself under IOS58 then switch back to cIOS249, what a mess. Really disappointed :wtf:

EDIT : back to business, changed the default IOS to 249 in rev1272 makefile. Forcing IOS58 IS A REALLY BAD IDEA, it breaks priiloader autoboot feature and "reboot to USBLoader GX" from a game. And worse, it doesn't solve any bug...

Is there a difference between the 2 download files. Is there one I should be using for better stability overall?

Rustygx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@alexander1970 Just to let you know I am trying to work on the idea of an extra TAB for a listing of available ROMS here's some screenshots. As it looks like this is becoming a MOD of a MOD this probably should continue in a new thread if I make some more progress I will create it.

@Badablek Thanks for your time, I was wondering if it is ok to DM you for some assistance. I see how the TAB MOD is working but I get stuck creating another option in the "Select titles sources". I'm trying to duplicate the "GC games option" and to scan preset directories for ROMS. I've got so far that selecting the ROMS TAB wil show NAND and GC GAMES....

View attachment 188162View attachment 188159View attachment 188160

This is really cool. Made an account just to ask if you've made any more progress? I want to make a 4th Tab just for NAND channels :)

KitMikro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Rustygx Nope sorry, I changed computers and broke something so I can't get the thing to compile... In the end I decided it would take to much time and just used the version available with the three tabs.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just downloaded the latest version of USBloaderGX (Official).

The Homebrew app doesn't have the tabs but when I use the forwarder it does.

The problem I'm now having is the Forwarder (wad) points to Gekocodes when I use cheats. Where as the homebrewapp points to the new location. If I launch the Homebrew app enable the cheat create the gct file, come out and go back into the forwarder it works. Until I click update as its pointing to Geko Codes.

Does anyone have an updated forwarder that points to the new location? I'd just like GC and Wii games under different tabs if possible.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry I don't think that was clear does anyone have usbloadergx with tabmod that currently works with cheats?

Official usbloadergx has the cheats in the new location and works. The tabmod version I have still points to geckocodes.

Is the tabmod version still supported?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is the tabmod version still supported?
I released one or two versions with cheats and fixes, but I stopped supporting it as it was doubling my workload.

The tab mod doesn't work correctly with themes or if you're using the 4:3 aspect ratio. And it most likely wouldn't work correctly with the loaders new caching functions either.

I've previously said that I might add support for it again, but I haven't had the time to work on that yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol