Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I did not know,that such an Modification exists until yesterday.

EDIT: Corrected the Version Number
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1WvG-Oyqf4w3VzUIs4z5dfr0qPpxbi9YP&export=download
(v3.0 r1271)

The "Main" difference to the Official USBLoader GX is the Game Menu with the Wii/Gamecube/Wii Ware TABs:

usb loader gx.jpg

I have tried

- replacing the 3 Files from the downloaded File with them in the "apps\usbloader_gx" Folder
- used the same setting with the Official USBLoader GX
and
- complete deleted and new installed in the "apps\usbloader_gx" Folder including the Settings File(s)

The TAB MOD Loader did not recognized USB Stick(s) or a USB HDD.

The First USB Initializing try is OK and on the "Second" USB re-initializing Try on the Loader Splash Screen comes the Time Out "Countdown".
In the USBLoader GX Menu then it says No USB Device.

The Loader IOS is 58 and the Game IOS is 249.

The Official USBLoader GX v3.0 e1272 works.

Thank you for reading and any Suggestions or Solutions.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

the only différence between official and tabmod USBLGX is a tweaked UI, nothing else. Anything that works with the official build should also work with tab mod. Maybe Cyan made great progress between 1271 and 1272 on USB detection ?
I'll try to compile latest sources with tab mod...I just hope devkitpro was not updated too "heavily" :ph34r:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi,

the only différence between official and tabmod USBLGX is a tweaked UI, nothing else. Anything that works with the official build should also work with tab mod. Maybe Cyan made great progress between 1271 and 1272 on USB detection ?
I'll try to compile latest sources with tab mod...I just hope devkitpro was not updated too "heavily" :ph34r:

Thank you for your Reply.:)

I would say the USB detection is maybe a little "different" and I also remember the official USBLoader GX v3.0 r1271 had a little "issues".
It was very strange yesterday:

- made an 1:1 Copy from my orignal Wii SD Card.
- only replaced the 3 Files from the Download --> no success
- completely deleted the usbloader_gx Folder including the settings and replaced it with the Download files --> no success

If you need more Informations on the "Error" please feel free to ask.

Thank you for your Help and your fast Reply.:yay:

Reactions: jeannotte

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
try this build (vanilla USBLoader GX 1272 + tabmod)

BTW I don't know what changes were made between 1271 and 1272, but I will definitely stick to 1271 for my part ! 1272 is really really BAD, auto-launch it from priiloader does not work anymore (does not detect IOS58 nor cIOS), reboot to USBLoader GX either...wow, that's pretty rough
From my understanding, it seems that USBLGX now tries to launch itself under IOS58 then switch back to cIOS249, what a mess. Really disappointed :wtf:

EDIT : back to business, changed the default IOS to 249 in rev1272 makefile. Forcing IOS58 IS A REALLY BAD IDEA, it breaks priiloader autoboot feature and "reboot to USBLoader GX" from a game. And worse, it doesn't solve any bug...

Attachments

• usbloader_gx_tabmod_rev1272.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 640
  • usbloader_gx_tabmod_rev1272_249.7z
    2.3 MB · Views: 704
Last edited by Badablek,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

BTW I don't know what changes were made between 1271 and 1272, but I will definitely stick to 1271 for my part ! 1272 is really really BAD, auto-launch it from priiloader does not work anymore (does not detect IOS58 nor cIOS), reboot to USBLoader GX either...wow, that's pretty rough
From my understanding, it seems that USBLGX now tries to launch itself under IOS58 then switch back to cIOS249, what a mess. Really disappointed :wtf:

Thank you for your kind and quick help.:)

I will give you a Feedback as soon as possible.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

EDIT : back to business, changed the default IOS to 249 in rev1272 makefile. Forcing IOS58 IS A REALLY BAD IDEA, it breaks priiloader autoboot feature and "reboot to USBLoader GX" from a game. And worse, it doesn't solve any bug...

Thank you,works great.:yay:

Thank you for the very fast actual Build.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1272 is really really BAD, auto-launch it from priiloader does not work anymore (does not detect IOS58 nor cIOS), reboot to USBLoader GX either...wow, that's pretty rough
I'm using Priiloader with a custom version of 1272 and it works perfectly. I'd take a guess and say that you're using an outdated forwarder?

You should just need to setup Priiloader to boot uneoboot.dol from this zip file and have the UNEO forwarder wad installed.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for your advice.
but I'm already using the latest one (5.1) ;)

I'll double check my setup (did not used my wii since a loooooooong time)

BTW, using my tweaked revision (which uses again cIOS249 to boot) works perfectly fine.

Last edited by Badablek,
Reactions: Alexander1970

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but I'm already using the latest one (5.1)
The 5.1 wad file is fine, but if you mean ForwarderV5.1.dol then that's outdated. Cyan released an update in 2018, but many people are still using the outdated files.

You must have uneoboot.dol on the SD card, have it installed within Priiloader and have Priiloader's autoboot setting set to "installed file".

Just so you're aware, the custom 1272 build that I'm using doesn't alter the IOS back to 249 since IOS58 seems to work fine for me. My version simply contains several fixes that should make their way into the 1273 release.

Last edited by blackb0x,

KitMikro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Also working good for me! Thank you very much!

Would it be possible to add more tabs? And merge this with the ULGX plug-in mod. So you could have a separate tab for SNES and GENESIS roms, that would be awesome!

Edit: I've been looking over the source at GitHub, but I'm not used at working with projects containing so many files. Where do I find the part that is responsible for the TABS?
Edit2: Ah found something in GameBrowseMenu.cpp. (dUh)

Last edited by KitMikro,

KitMikro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Badablek, Would you mind sharing your merged source? I tried to merge with the original 1272 version and get all kind of errors.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@KitMikro : I forgot that some changes were made in StartUpProcess.cpp some times ago, and I didn't put the latest one in my sources :teach:. Sorry for inconvenience.

You can download the good one here (mega) or there (GDrive)
Just tried to compile it, after putting modified files on the latest official sources, it builds it with no error at all.

BTW You absolutely need the latest devkitpro (devkitppc, libogc), or you won't be able to compile USBLoader GX (even vanilla).

Last edited by Badablek,

KitMikro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@alexander1970 Just to let you know I am trying to work on the idea of an extra TAB for a listing of available ROMS here's some screenshots. As it looks like this is becoming a MOD of a MOD this probably should continue in a new thread if I make some more progress I will create it.

@Badablek Thanks for your time, I was wondering if it is ok to DM you for some assistance. I see how the TAB MOD is working but I get stuck creating another option in the "Select titles sources". I'm trying to duplicate the "GC games option" and to scan preset directories for ROMS. I've got so far that selecting the ROMS TAB wil show NAND and GC GAMES....

image.pngExtraTab2.pngExtraTab.png

Attachments

• select_sources.png
    select_sources.png
    175.5 KB · Views: 723
Last edited by KitMikro,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@KitMikro sorry but as I already said in the official USBloader GX thread, this mod was not made by me. I only tweaked it a little bit and kept it updated to the latest official revision.
I can read some (clean and not too complicated) sources, understand how it works, copy/paste/edit some functions, but I'm not a real programmer, at best you can call me a "tweaker" :moogle:

adding new categories will need more deep changes in USBLoader GX sources. This tab mod, as it was made, uses the original categories of USBLoader GX (Wii/GC/NAND). Here, you want to add something new.
I hope you will find a way to make what you want, would be great to use it.

Or, maybe, one day, @Cyan will have some time to add tabs officially (not the same way as this mod) :toot:

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@KitMikro : I forgot that some changes were made in StartUpProcess.cpp some times ago, and I didn't put the latest one in my sources :teach:. Sorry for inconvenience.

You can download the good one here (mega) or there (GDrive)
Just tried to compile it, after putting modified files on the latest official sources, it builds it with no error at all.

BTW You absolutely need the latest devkitpro (devkitppc, libogc), or you won't be able to compile USBLoader GX (even vanilla).

Hey @Badablek,
I downloaded your source files from the tab_mod_sources.7z file and extracted it to the source files from here: https://sourceforge.net/p/usbloadergx/code/1272/tree/trunk/ (I downloaded all of these files listed in a .zip package) all into one directory and ran the MAKEFILE successfully with devkitpro, the devkitppc files, the libogc files without any errors. I also edited the MAKEFILE to change the iso from 58 to 249 as you had previously done.

I also have the 5.1 forwarder.dol installed into priiloader along with the 5.1 channel forwarder. Here's my issue: my settings are never being saved and reloaded when I restart my Wii. Everytime it defaults back to it's original configuration and doesn't keep any of my settings. All I'm trying to do is re-add the total games counter back to the bottom, while I also disable the hard drive info. Everything else I have left alone. I edited the correct .cpp file to accomplish this, and it works, but my settings will always reset. My boot.dol works out to be ~4mB in size just like the official latest release of USBLGX but I noticed yours is only ~2mB. Not sure if that is related to my problem? Thanks in advance.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @Hucz

tab mod does not change the default behavior of the loader, at least for saving its configuration. So it should work exactly as expected, like with the original loader.
Are you sure you have write permissions on the media you're using to launch USBLoader GX ? I would recommand to compile vanilla sources, to see if it's working or not...maybe some bug(s) was introduced in devkitppc ?

For the size : I always compress my binaries with FIX94's utilty "dolxz", because "smaller is better" (server side at least :moogle: )

Last edited by Badablek,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs