Hacking USBloader GX black screen new mario help.

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So i have been out of the backuploader scene for awhile or rather since the release of USBloader GX.

I have been using the same first version and not updated it since and all my games run fine ( newest is muramasa the demons blade )

But when i try and play the 400mb Fixed for USBloader version of The New Super Mario Bros Wii i get a green or black screen depending on if i force NTSC or PAL.

Where do i go from here?

There is no option for 002fix in the menu of USB loader GX and when i try and install the newer version WAD i get an error, if i try and install a newer version of WAD manager ( im using 1.3 ) i get a RET error too.

Shebang

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hm, I tried to play it today for the second time (first time went flawless), but I only got a black screen.

I thought this might be due to the 240 games I have on the HDD

Not another problem, please ...

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you shouldn't be installing a newer wad, unless you're talking about the forwarder.

just start from scratch. delete usb loader and its configs, get the newest one, and go from there.

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sweenish said:
you shouldn't be installing a newer wad, unless you're talking about the forwarder.

just start from scratch. delete usb loader and its configs, get the newest one, and go from there.

Thats the problem i can't install a newer USB loader i just keep getting RET errors.

Hyroero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bump again but since it seems like no one knows i will stop bumping after this.

Still if some one is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell, noone has this completely figured out yet. Some people have it working fine, but I'm finding that people with older early-generation Wiis can't run the patched version at all. Mine is a first gen Wii and I can manage to get a copy ripped straight from a disk running, of course with the obvious eventual error dumping me out of the game, but if i patch the main.dol (raw hex for ntsc, before you ask), all I get is a black screen. I get the same thing when I go to the newest revision of USB Loader GX which has the patch incorporated (I had been using r815 before). And I can't run the game at all in either state when I roll back to cIOS r14, which means r15 is the only way I've gotten any result so far. There's got to be some substantial difference in the way the older chipsets handle image loading.

From your post, it looks your issue is the same that myself and select others are experiencing. We could probably fix it simply with a different type of patch for older chipsets, but I'm at a loss as my attempts thus far have been unproductive and I haven't found anyone who has had any more luck with the same issue. Generally, I just get crap from morons who assume it's not working because I don't know what I'm doing, which is bullshit. If I get anywhere, I'll post here.

Does anybody else have experience with older Wii units?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things