Hacking USB WADManager??

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if Waninkoko is developing a new WADManager? If so, it would REALLY be nice to have USB & SDHC support built-in!! Hey... Maybe he can just add the code into his current USB Loader!?!

I'm not sure if Waninkoko will view this thread, or not, but if you are out there reading... I just wanted to say, "Thank You!" It's really nice to have someone that continually releases quality applications that benefit the whole community!
yay.gif

If there's anyone out there that can get in-touch with him, would you please ask him about this! THANKS!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

--=ZerO=--

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
Does anyone know if Waninkoko is developing a new WADManager? If so, it would REALLY be nice to have USB & SDHC support built-in!! Hey... Maybe he can just add the code into his current USB Loader!?!

I'm not sure if Waninkoko will view this thread, or not, but if you are out there reading... I just wanted to say, "Thank You!" It's really nice to have someone that continually releases quality applications that benefit the whole community!
yay.gif

If there's anyone out there that can get in-touch with him, would you please ask him about this! THANKS!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

A wadmanager with SDHC support is already floating around.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--=ZerO=-- said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:

yay.gif

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

I think Timebomb means loading wad games from USB with usb loader.

nash79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WadManager is not compatible with many USB drives. For example, my kingstone 4.0 GB in Wandmanager gives an error ret=-1, while in his new USB loader 1.4 it gets read. (was giving ret -1 in his previous versions). I guess its his (30 seconds timeout that allowed more time to recognize drives)
I guess that he should be harmonizing his existing software to get them all alligned with as much hardware as possible.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If the question is installing WADs from USB, Ihave found that WAD IInstaller 1.1 works well for it, but I don't think it had SDHC support.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--=ZerO=-- said:
Yeah, I've seen it floating around, but this is just a modified version that very few people have tested. I'd rather wait for Waninkoko's official release, than to risk semi-bricking my Wii

lejong2002 said:
I think Timebomb means loading wad games from USB with usb loader.
Yes; If Waninkoko is working on a new WADManager, I'm asking if he'll include this capability!

WiiPower said:
The current WAD Manager has already usb and shdc support. What do you want???
As far as I know, the current WADManager does NOT have SDHC support. Are you sure you don't have the one that "--=ZerO=--" is talking about?

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

Posts merged

nash79 said:
WadManager is not compatible with many USB drives. For example, my kingstone 4.0 GB in Wandmanager gives an error ret=-1, while in his new USB loader 1.4 it gets read. (was giving ret -1 in his previous versions). I guess its his (30 seconds timeout that allowed more time to recognize drives)
I guess that he should be harmonizing his existing software to get them all alligned with as much hardware as possible.
Correct; this is exactly why I'm asking. I'm not a Wii coder, but I would guess that this would be somewhat easy to fix, for Waninkoko!

QUOTE(Screemer @ Apr 13 2009, 04:52 AM)
i guess he wants support for wbfs to store his wad files on the same portable drive as his game images.
Yes; this is correct!! I would like to free up the space on my SD card, for storing Channels via the SD Card Menu!

QUOTE(drmarvin @ Apr 13 2009, 06:21 AM)
If the question is installing WADs from USB, Ihave found that WAD IInstaller 1.1 works well for it, but I don't think it had SDHC support.
I haven't used WAD Installer before. I'm a big fan of WADManager. Since both USB and SDHC support is now available, it only makes sense, to me, to incorporate both features into the same application. What do you guys think?

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[x] The WAD Manager already supports sdhc and usb, i would love to see Waninkoko keep working at applications nobody else is capable of

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
[x] The WAD Manager already supports sdhc and usb, i would love to see Waninkoko keep working at applications nobody else is capable of
This is the second time you have said this. Will you elaborate on it further, please? I can find NO documentation, or changelog, that states WADManager is capable of being used on SDHC or USB.

What WADManager version are you using?
What System Menu are you on?
What SDHC cards have you tried?
What USB devices have you tried?

Please help the community!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

sebastiaan15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wad manager works with Custom IOS36 Installer rev 08 ---> two patitions on hdd one voor games one voor wads

Wad manager don't work with Custom IOS36 Installer rev 10

there's something changed in Custom IOS36 Installer rev 10

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
WiiPower said:
This is the second time you have said this. Will you elaborate on it further, please? I can find NO documentation, or changelog, that states WADManager is capable of being used on SDHC or USB.

What WADManager version are you using?
What System Menu are you on?
What SDHC cards have you tried?
What USB devices have you tried?

Please help the community!

TiMeBoMb
yay.gif

WAD Manager 1.3 compiled with the libogc that was released in december 2008(yes WAD Manager has sdhc support since then)
3.2 with starfall
Kingston 4 GB micro sdhc class 4 made in taiwan
Kingston 2 GB usb stick

Here's a mirror:
http://rapidshare.com/files/220893952/WAD_...upport.zip.html
(only 10 downloads, and no i won't reupload it, it's possible to find several other mirrors anywhere)

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
WAD Manager 1.3 compiled with the libogc that was released in december 2008(yes WAD Manager has sdhc support since then)
3.2 with starfall
Kingston 2 GB usb stick

Here's a mirror:
(only 10 downloads, and no i won't reupload it, it's possible to find several other mirrors anywhere)
Thank you, for your information and link, but the December build is NOT an official Waninkoko release! The "official" WADManager v1.3, was last modified on October 27, 2008, 8:21pm. Its README does state that it has SDHC and USB compatibility, however it is also known that this compatibility was highly flawed and rarely worked!

I merely started this thread, to see if it was possible to persuade Waninkoko to release an "official" bugfix version, to correct these issues.

Sorry to have wasted your time...
mad.gif

TiMeBoMb

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
You could use Channel File Manager 2.0 beta4, which has full SDHC and USB 2.0 support. Channel File Manager is actually a combination of WAD Manager and AnyTitle Deleter, with a few extra features and bugfixes including USB 2.0 support (using the new cIOS 36). It works fine for me, though I have only used it to install a single WAD (USB Loader).

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
WiiPower said:
3.2 with starfall
Kingston 2 GB usb stick

Here's a mirror:
Thank you, for your information and link, but the December build is NOT an official Waninkoko release! The "official" WADManager v1.3, was last modified on October 27, 2008, 8:21pm. Its README does state that it has SDHC and USB compatibility, however it is also known that this compatibility was highly flawed and rarely worked!

I merely started this thread, to see if it was possible to persuade Waninkoko to release an "official" bugfix version, to correct these issues.

Sorry to have wasted your time...
mad.gif

TiMeBoMb

I've heard waninkoko will be making a new wad manager, but this is just a rumour so don't get excited.
I heard it will have some really cool new features, again a rumour and I won't speculate on what those are just now.

Remember this guy has lots of things to do and while there are bugs and fixes being done to his newest cIOS and loader I suppose he will put a new wad manager on hold for now. He's made quite a few apps as we all know so his time is getting spread quite thinly over many things, and although he gets help from various people he's left with a lot to do himself.

I can confirm WiiPowers linked file works flawless for most and allows SDHC and USB.

You've not wasted anyones time TiMeBoMb so don't be angry or annoyed, soon once the cIOS and loader are improved upon I'm sure he will update some of his other apps including wad manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021