Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Adan0s said:
it's so fukkin hilarious that 99% of the people here can't even read. it enables usb mass storage-support for homebrew and can not be used for pirating more VC-games or saves.

Exactly, I wonder what people makes thinking that. NOone said that or how it would work with VC games - I doubt that you can even use it for VC games because the Wii firmware (!) doesn't support it. On the other hand - why should this stuff work with VC games when it's not possible with SD card?

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Dakota76 said:
So what can we do witrh source can i t be compiled and used
sorry for the noob question
If you don't know already then you're not going to be able to do anything with it anyway.

Much like myself.

It's simply some source for accessing USB mass storage devices. On it's own it does nothing of any use. Software needs to be written to take advantage of it.

For example, support could be added to an emulator to allow roms to be loaded from a HD plugged into the USB port.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
like the majority of people here this is pretty useless to me
frown.gif
Untill it allows more space for vc/wiiware titles then it'll be useful for me.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
jaxxster said:
like the majority of people here this is pretty useless to me
frown.gif
Untill it allows more space for vc/wiiware titles then it'll be useful for me.

Why are you not using SD cards for that?
As long as the firmware of the Wii won't be hacked to support doing this you CAN'T get more features with a USB drive than you already have with an SD card.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love how ever since the PSP had it's first set of custom firmwares released, some people start spewing "WE CULD MAK A CUSTUM FRIMWAREZ!" every time something new comes up in homebrew. Give it a fucking rest already.

Here's another fun one. Loading isos. That's a delightful proposition. We have USB mass storage support so naturally we'd be able to do that no problem! Don't get me wrong. Having a storage medium that is large enough to hold the disk image always helps and I'm no wii dev or hacker, but I'm pretty sure a little more work is involved.

Now for the folks that had thoughts on media playing applications, right on. There's a good use right there. I've used USB to play Xvid on the 360 and I'd be willing to do that with the Wii too. USB is also probably more convienient than SD cards for many folks.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you want the wii as a mediacentre if you have a 360? And why not just buy a really cheap xbox1, install XBMC and have the best mediacentre you can get?
smile.gif
wii doesn't have hdtv, doesn't have a lot of processing power, etc etc.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii does have 480p and is much smaller than an xbox. It actually looks good next to other media equipment.

Timmyhawky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
manias said:
Why would you want the wii as a mediacentre if you have a 360? And why not just buy a really cheap xbox1, install XBMC and have the best mediacentre you can get?
smile.gif
Then you need a HDTV. The Wii has enough processing power to play DVD quality movies. You don't need that much power for multimedia. My 500mhz 256mb with 32mb Intel GPU runs DVD's perfectly.

I'm sure someone in the scene releases a custom IOS with USB2 support in 2 months. Look at all the progress in the short time the Zelda Exploit has been released.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For all people asking why not using an 360, an old Xbox oder whatever, there's an easy answer:

Because you have it in ONE device! Understood? You save space, ports, remotes/controllers and whatever?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
manias said:
smile.gif
Don't assume I don't already have such a set up. 360's support can be sketchy as well. If I go to a bud's place and I'm too lazy to burn a film or two, the Wii would be the smallest media solution I have in the event that a media player was released. Far more portable than the original Xbox, wouldn't you say?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sure, it's more portable, but look at xbmc's features and upscaling capabilities! A real mediacentre should have capabilities to play digital files, not just burnt dvd's.. For DVD's sure the wii could be fine, but not for xvid/divx and not for 720p+
Because of that, the wii will never be a good mediacentre for many.. XBMC has yet to be beaten
wink.gif
(or properly ported!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Red Bitch Blue Bitch Pumping ain't easy!