Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
@atupac

I actually tried that style but I never liked it. I thought it looked a bit weird when it was done, so I reverted back to this style. I think unless there is a gradient it make the images look like they are floating above. Nice idea though, maybe I will work on another version at some stage to try it like that, for now though, lets try get this one working properly.

@AppleBelly

Is there a way to use your updated loader but turn off the automatic download of images. I would rather have it off and modify my images myself. If you could do that then it would be great.

Parky76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AppleBelly said:
Modifying it so it works on that style.

It is being built on the rev 7 code, so you guys need to update your cios if you haven't.

Also i've realised if http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal/ goes down then my loader stops working all together when it tries to download! lol

I'm on cIOS36_rev9

Its loading the default 1.2 version of the background and not the custom one in sd:usb-loader

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Parky76 said:
AppleBelly said:

It is being built on the rev 7 code, so you guys need to update your cios if you haven't.

Also i've realised if http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal/ goes down then my loader stops working all together when it tries to download! lol

I'm on cIOS36_rev9

Its loading the default 1.2 version of the background and not the custom one in sd:usb-loader
install cIOS-rev10

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Parky76 said:
AppleBelly said:

I'm on cIOS36_rev9

OK if your using my files then you need to use the loader that's included in my zip file, it's not for AppleBelly's new one yet, unless your alter where your images are located to match. Once AppleBelly gets the 7 image version working and using my files, then images need to be in sd:/images/ and for the small images at 120x168, they need to be in sd:/images/small/

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
SORTED

Installing Cios Rev10 did it.

Told you it would be driver error-

Currently looking at 3 pic screen and downloading pics from server.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rwilts said:
SORTED

Installing Cios Rev10 did it.

Told you it would be driver error-

Currently looking at 3 pic screen and downloading pics from server.

Nice one buddy. Glad you got it sorted. Will take note of this for the future.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
So let me get this straight to avoid confusion for myself and others.

For the latest R7 of your loader AppleBelly, you need cIOS_Rev10? You also have different directories for where the images should be places. This is for the 3 image version of my background? Also does it still use button 2 to switch between the main background and the information page? Has anything been added besides downloading pictures?

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to ask, but I haven't been keeping up to date with this loader.
Is this the new Wani 1.3 loader?
and if so does it include that bad ass menu with more than 3 covers?
thanks

Parky76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
So let me get this straight to avoid confusion for myself and others.

For the latest R7 of your loader AppleBelly, you need cIOS_Rev10? You also have different directories for where the images should be places. This is for the 3 image version of my background? Also does it still use button 2 to switch between the main background and the information page? Has anything been added besides downloading pictures?

For R6 and above you need to cIOS36 Rev10 installed. Just upgraded from Rev9 to 10 and now works.

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Issues:-

1. Had a Download Fail error - Followed by a reboot into homebrew channel
2. No longer have the option of downloading Images - Currently either its there or No Image picture - Just game titles listed below
3. When any game started i get (+) SD ERROR, but game then loads fine

Is 2 possibly server is down?

Good night.

FoxForceFive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got it working (cIOS 36 rev 10 wasnt installed) but I have a message [+] sd card error before each game loads, but then it works.

Also, the middle game cover is fine, but the two side ones dont show properly, they're either missing completely (despite those games having artwork) or shown overlapping the 'no cover' image & not aligned with the template boxes in the background.

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been following this since the beginning. Get the 3 image version to work (except the page 2) and was curious to know if the issue with the wording not showing properly has been corrected. My Broken Sword: Shadows Of The Templars just shows as tplars.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
there you go mate:
Jizmo09 said:
For people who want easy way to convert/resize their images just download irfanview, it's free and has a batch processor for converting. I copied all 867 of my full size covers from SD to a temp dir and ran batch conversion on them and it took about 1 minute to convert all 867 images to a new output folder for me in 120x168 png format. Copied the png to the small images/small folder on SD and ran the USBCoverflow dol. All 129 of my games show up with both full size and side small images. 0 errors.

NOTE: when you run the batch conversion, be sure to uncheck "keep aspect ratio" to be sure the images come out 120x168 and you dont end up with some 119 wide images.

For those who just want the images already converted here is my pack of 867 mixed PAL/NTSC small 120x168 cover images.

http://freefile.kristopherw.us/uploads/jizmo/smallcovers.rar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto