USB Loader (Ret = -1)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by crazythan, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009

USB Loader (Ret = -1) by crazythan at 4:01 PM (484 Views / 0 Likes) 0 replies

1. crazythan

Newcomer crazythan Newbie

Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys,

Sorry if this issue has been resolved elsewhere, but I've been doin' alot of looking and working to solve this problem with no luck, and needed some help. frown.gif Please forgive my nubery.

I used the following guide to get the loader to work: How to Stone/Load Wii Games via USB. I'm getting the following error from Ultimate USB Loader (ret = -1) failed to initialize USB subsys. I also tried USB Loader Gx with no success.

I have a NTSC Wii with a custom installation from 4.0. I installed cIOS36_rev10, CMDVDX34, WMIOS35, and CIOSv7.wad. I have an IOmega 160 gig drive (my wii has read off this drive for other homebrew apps before like mplayer) Here is my HDD just mine doesn't have the firewire.

I formatted the my HDD by using WBFSManager 3.0 RTW x86. My external HDD was originally formatted in fat 32. I deleted the volume without formatting assigning it to F:. Then i used WBFSManager to format my HDD. The format was nearly instantaneous and said it was successful. I tested the format by trying clicking "Load" on the WBFSManager which was successful. When I plugged it into the Wii it would not recognize my HDD. I reformatted my HDD this time in NTSC and repeated the process of reformatting it to WBFS with no luck at all. frown.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.